V&h power dual header pipe

Aug 27, 2013
Blackfoot, ID. USA
Does the Vance & Hines power dual header pipe, replace the CAT and the heat issues? Or does the V&H have some sort of CAT in it? just asking. This is kind of an expensive way to take care of that problem, but cleaner. Thanks for any input. :pepper:

V&H true duals helped some. Dropped our temps about 40°F on a 90°F day.
Kind of depends on your tune and exhaust pipes as well. Even with the V&H true duals I can see oil temps rise to 250° in stop and go traffic, but on the open highway rarely see oil temp over 230°. I wish I was set up to read head temp, but I don't have that capability at present time and really don't think I will in future. Not like I am going to stop riding because I see higher temp. I did just purchase Wards fans, but will not have any eval of them until we get rid of this winter from He#$%$.

Last edited:
Power Duals do NOT have a catalytic in them. They will make the stock mufflers sound fairly good also. I had V&H slash cut mufflers, my wife complained they were too loud, so I put stock mufflers on.

. I did just purchase Wards fans, but will not have any eval of them until we get rid of this winter from He#$%$.

Not to hijack but...

Purchase the thermostat when you get the Wards Fans. Add 6" to the thermostat leads and put the thermostat on the right side of the rear head fins so it will continue to register head temp. If not, the fans will cycle on and off when you park the bike. The fans will cool down the thermostat if you mount it on the horn side.

Not to hijack but...

Purchase the thermostat when you get the Wards Fans. Add 6" to the thermostat leads and put the thermostat on the right side of the rear head fins so it will continue to register head temp. If not, the fans will cycle on and off when you park the bike. The fans will cool down the thermostat if you mount it on the horn side.

Not to hi-jack but......
Dave I got the "creep switch" from Jayson & put it on the front head, left side, but put it into a pocket at the end of the fins just under the temp sensor. The switch is thinner & will lay down & fit into the small pocket.Then sealed down the wires with black RTV just to keep them from rubbing & to hide them inside the fin. It is a 105*c switch that seems to work VERY well so far. You can see a pocket in the fin just 1 lower to the front.
Just my experience so far.368-2.jpg

Not to hi-jack but......
Dave I got the "creep switch" from Jayson & put it on the front head, left side, but put it into a pocket at the end of the fins just under the temp sensor. The switch is thinner & will lay down & fit into the small pocket.Then sealed down the wires with black RTV just to keep them from rubbing & to hide them inside the fin. It is a 105*c switch that seems to work VERY well so far. You can see a pocket in the fin just 1 lower to the front.
Just my experience so far.View attachment 18692

Update: I have now installed the fans, and used this thermo switch position. It works great, the fans stay on when bike is turned off for about one minute or so depending on temp, but so far, have only cycled back on one additional time. I am really pleased with the performance of these fans. They are quiet enough I do not hear them at all while riding, and they keep the bike running much cooler. I can only monitor oil temp, but on a 65 deg day, oil temp only reached 200 where before fans the temp would have been easily 230 deg. Also as a note to those who ask if you feel hot air on right leg, no I can not say I even notice it. Love these fans, and finally, not concerned about engine temp causing problems / premature wear on my 103.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png