Likes Likes:  102
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 179
  1. #1
    Road Master Hannigan Motorsports's Avatar
    User ID
    7144
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Hannigan Motorsports Information Desk

    Clients & Friends,

    Please Post General Questions here in this Thread. We will do our best to Review and Answer here or by PM within 24 Business Hours.

    There may come a time when a Question or Situation is best served and addressed by personal conversation in order to give complete and accurate Answers. Should that situation ever arise, we
    will notify the Poster by PM.






    Hannigan Motorsports

    Murray, KY
    270-753-4256
    hannigan@apex.net
    www.hannigantrikes.com

  2. Likes Hannigan Motorsports, N/A - liked this post
  3. #2
    Road Master Hannigan Motorsports's Avatar
    User ID
    7144
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Originally post by FRR-

    Question...Does the fact that Hannigan only offers a 4 1/2 degree rake negatively affect the handling of the kit? I just bought a 2012 Wing with a brand new Hannigan kit, ( looks like Darth Vadar from the back) and will take delivery later this week.


    FRR,
    First and foremost, thanks so much for both your Business and your Trust.
    Steering Angle modified Triple Trees for Trike applications are far from "One-Size Fits All" in regards to Conversion Manufacturers as well as the Bikes they are being installed on. Rest assured that the 4.5* increased Steering Angle will be just what the Doctor ordered for your GEN II Trike. Call in anytime to 270-753-4256 and we would be happy to explain this or any other concerns and questions you may have now or in the future.

    Again, we greatly appreciate the honor of your choice and wish you and yours all the best in your 3-wheeled enjoyment to come.




    Hannigan Motorsports
    Murray, KY
    270-753-4256
    hannigan@apex.net
    www.hannigantrikes.com

  4. #3
    Iron Butt 1
    User ID
    9967
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Batavia Ohio
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannigan Motorsports View Post
    FRR,
    First and foremost, thanks so much for both your Business and your Trust.
    Steering Angle modified Triple Trees for Trike applications are far from "One-Size Fits All" in regards to Conversion Manufacturers as well as the Bikes they are being installed on. Rest assured that the 4.5* increased Steering Angle will be just what the Doctor ordered for your GEN II Trike. Call in anytime to 270-753-4256 and we would be happy to explain this or any other concerns and questions you may have now or in the future.

    Again, we greatly appreciate the honor of your choice and wish you and yours all the best in your 3-wheeled enjoyment to come.
    Thank you very much for responding. I rode it yesterday and made 2 stops and EVERYONE who saw it commented on the design and how different it was. One question..... with the trike kit installed do I still have the unified braking system like I did on my 2004 with a CSC kit on it?

  5. Likes Hannigan Motorsports - liked this post
  6. #4
    Road Master Hannigan Motorsports's Avatar
    User ID
    7144
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRR View Post
    Thank you very much for responding. I rode it yesterday and made 2 stops and EVERYONE who saw it commented on the design and how different it was. One question..... with the trike kit installed do I still have the unified braking system like I did on my 2004 with a CSC kit on it?
    Our pleasure Sir

    We retain the Foot-Lever linking to the Front and disable the link to the Rear from the Front when the Hand-Lever is utilized.
    So,
    When you apply Foot-Pedal braking: the OEM Linking & Proportioning remains and Both Front & Rear Brakes are being engaged same as prior to conversion.

    When you apply Hand-Lever braking: Only the Front Brakes are engaged and applied.


    Thanks much for your question. I hope this answers your inquiry as well as any Others who may be wondering the same. As always, if not or you need anything else just give us a call anytime or Post here on Trike Talk.
    Hannigan Motorsports
    Murray, KY
    270-753-4256
    hannigan@apex.net
    www.hannigantrikes.com

  7. Likes champsman97045 - liked this post
  8. #5
    Iron Butt 1
    User ID
    9967
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Batavia Ohio
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannigan Motorsports View Post
    Our pleasure Sir
    Thanks much for your question. I hope this answers your inquiry as well as any Others who may be wondering the same. As always, if not or you need anything else just give us a call anytime or Post here on Trike Talk.

    One more question and I promise to leave you alone for a while.....What type of feedback are you receiving from customers who have purchased the new kits and tried to install Kuryakan foot rests on the bike. The new ground effects are beautiful but they are so high the Ergo II that worked on my CSC can't be mounted on my new 2012. I spoke to Justin at your facility and he said they could be mounted but is simply no room to position back toward the rider. It would be interesting to hear what feedback you have collecting from recent customers who have purchased that kit and tried to do the same as I have. Once again, thank you for your response.

  9. Likes Hannigan Motorsports - liked this post
  10. #6
    Road Master Hannigan Motorsports's Avatar
    User ID
    7144
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRR View Post
    One more question and I promise to leave you alone for a while.....What type of feedback are you receiving from customers who have purchased the new kits and tried to install Kuryakan foot rests on the bike. The new ground effects are beautiful but they are so high the Ergo II that worked on my CSC can't be mounted on my new 2012. I spoke to Justin at your facility and he said they could be mounted but is simply no room to position back toward the rider. It would be interesting to hear what feedback you have collecting from recent customers who have purchased that kit and tried to do the same as I have. Once again, thank you for your response.
    Well Sir, Thankfully you didn't choose to "Leave Us Alone" when you chose HMS for your Trike. Why would you need to do so now? Please feel free to contact us anytime you desire or have the need to do so.

    Regarding your question; I have not heard or received any feedback as pertains to the Kuryakyn Foot Boards or any other Manufacturer until yours now. We do appreciate the Intel as such is needed and highly valued in order for us to progress and address the ever-changing needs of our Clients and the Industry as a whole. Since we have yet to receive any, it follows that not All of the models of Kury or others has a fitment issue. However, that does not detract from the issue that obviously exists for the Ergo II Model as you are unfortunately experiencing.

    Please take some Pictures of the Boards and the "problem area" they encounter that prevents proper installation. Also, write-up an accompanying explanation and email those to us at hannigan@apex.net I will circulate those to all Parties concerned here and we can attempt to adapt and overcome the issue for you as well as prevent the issue for those that may come. I can't promise we will identify and effect a Solution but I can tell you with all certainty that we will give it our best to do just that.

    Apologies for the issue, inconvenience, and the effort required on your part and our sincerest gratitude for bringing this to our attention.
    Hannigan Motorsports
    Murray, KY
    270-753-4256
    hannigan@apex.net
    www.hannigantrikes.com

  11. #7
    Iron Butt 8 msocko3's Avatar
    User ID
    2137
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    4,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Hannigan Motorsports Information Desk

    Here is a shining example of why I have a Hannigan trike, great customer service.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannigan Motorsports View Post
    Well Sir, Thankfully you didn't choose to "Leave Us Alone" when you chose HMS for your Trike. Why would you need to do so now? Please feel free to contact us anytime you desire or have the need to do so.

    Regarding your question; I have not heard or received any feedback as pertains to the Kuryakyn Foot Boards or any other Manufacturer until yours now. We do appreciate the Intel as such is needed and highly valued in order for us to progress and address the ever-changing needs of our Clients and the Industry as a whole. Since we have yet to receive any, it follows that not All of the models of Kury or others has a fitment issue. However, that does not detract from the issue that obviously exists for the Ergo II Model as you are unfortunately experiencing.

    Please take some Pictures of the Boards and the "problem area" they encounter that prevents proper installation. Also, write-up an accompanying explanation and email those to us at hannigan@apex.net I will circulate those to all Parties concerned here and we can attempt to adapt and overcome the issue for you as well as prevent the issue for those that may come. I can't promise we will identify and effect a Solution but I can tell you with all certainty that we will give it our best to do just that.

    Apologies for the issue, inconvenience, and the effort required on your part and our sincerest gratitude for bringing this to our attention.

  12. Likes Hannigan Motorsports - liked this post
  13. #8
    Iron Butt 1
    User ID
    9967
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Batavia Ohio
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Hannigan Motorsports Information Desk

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannigan Motorsports View Post
    Well Sir, Thankfully you didn't choose to "Leave Us Alone" when you chose HMS for your Trike. Why would you need to do so now? Please feel free to contact us anytime you desire or have the need to do so.

    Regarding your question; I have not heard or received any feedback as pertains to the Kuryakyn Foot Boards or any other Manufacturer until yours now. We do appreciate the Intel as such is needed and highly valued in order for us to progress and address the ever-changing needs of our Clients and the Industry as a whole. Since we have yet to receive any, it follows that not All of the models of Kury or others has a fitment issue. However, that does not detract from the issue that obviously exists for the Ergo II Model as you are unfortunately experiencing.

    Please take some Pictures of the Boards and the "problem area" they encounter that prevents proper installation. Also, write-up an accompanying explanation and email those to us at hannigan@apex.net I will circulate those to all Parties concerned here and we can attempt to adapt and overcome the issue for you as well as prevent the issue for those that may come. I can't promise we will identify and effect a Solution but I can tell you with all certainty that we will give it our best to do just that.

    Apologies for the issue, inconvenience, and the effort required on your part and our sincerest gratitude for bringing this to our attention.
    What I ended up doing is purchasing Kuryakyn Longhorn brackets, PN 7985 and clamp them on the vertical crash bar. I will send pics later to you site of the problem area. Your ground effects are very stylish and comfortable but footrests will be an issue for customers. I only owned one trike before purchasing this Hannigan and am very impressed with the ride of this unit. It takes forever to stop for fuel since folks want to comment on the kit and how unique the design is. I've had experiences like this ever since I started riding trikes, but even trike owners are commenting how attractive it is.

  14. Likes Hannigan Motorsports - liked this post
  15. #9
    Iron Butt 1
    User ID
    9967
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Batavia Ohio
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Hannigan Motorsports Information Desk

    Thoughts after 500 miles on my new Hannigan.

    Superb styling. Folks always stop me and comment on the kit. Great suspension, much easier on bumps than my CSC. Smooth as silk at 75 MPH and not a wobble anywhere. Great trunk space.

    Concerns:

    Sits much lower than my CSC. I have already scraped twice pulling into gas stations. When I corner it seems to lean more than my CSC. Is that because of the difference in suspension? Should I worry, adjust the suspension, or just get used to it.

    I've always appreciated Hannigan responding to comments on this page. It certainly assists owners.

    Happy Easter everyone!

  16. Likes Hannigan Motorsports - liked this post
  17. #10
    Road Master Hannigan Motorsports's Avatar
    User ID
    7144
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Hannigan Motorsports Information Desk

    FRR,
    Thanks much for the kind words & Honest Review about your Inaugural experiences on your Trike. It really does matter and mean a lot to Us.

    The Issue with the bottom-drag is due to the increased wheel-base in the proportionately correct Hannigan Trike. The lowest point or "piece" on the Trike is the same as when a 2-wheeler-the Oil Pan. The Trike maintains the same level stance and Clearance Height as OEM 2-wheeler it is just a bit longer in exposure. You will get used to the increase and eventually subconsciously alter your approaches to such obstacles to prevent the drag.

    The sensation of "yaw" when cornering at highway speed or in "spirited" manueverings is a tad Real but for the most part just a Feeling. You are used to a much different Suspension than the Twin-Trailing Arm Independent design of the HMS and its corresponding Sensory Input. This being markedly different, your perception is heightened and overly aware. As you get more miles under your belt you will find it to be in all actuality quite comfortable, stable, secure, and extremely pleasing.

    I liken it to a Grandfather Clock. When you first get one it almost drives you crazy and jumpy every 15 minutes. After your Brain gets used to the Input, you sometimes have to check if it has stopped and needs re-winding as you rarely even consciously notice the sensory input. The more New and/or Different-The more the degree of Alert and Alarm in the Mind.

    If for some reason it does not "Dial-In" or still feels "wrong" to you after 1000 or so miles, call in and discuss it with a Trike Tech. For the time being, leave the Shocks as is, don't be concerned and enjoy the Break-In for both your Trike and your Perceptions. In all honesty, I felt the same way the first few times on a HMS Trike. Shortly thereafter and now it's all good and loving every mile.

    Thanks again for the questions and chance to discuss these Points in Open Forum.
    Enjoy!
    Hannigan Motorsports
    Murray, KY
    270-753-4256
    hannigan@apex.net
    www.hannigantrikes.com

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winter Storm Announcement for Hannigan Motorsports
    By Hannigan Motorsports in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 09:43 AM
  2. Welcome Hannigan Motorsports
    By Trike Talk News in forum Industry & Sponsor News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 05:29 PM
  3. Kudos to Thoroughbred Motorsports
    By Dean H in forum Stallion Trikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •