Likes Likes:  102
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parking Brake

Is a parking brake normally part of the assembly for the GL1800 Gen II trike?

Road Master Hannigan Motorsports's Avatar
    User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello there,

The parking brake is not part of the base assembly. It is an additional option available for purchase unless the conversion is going out of the country where some countries require a parking brake be installed. We see maybe 1 out of 50 or so orders requesting a parking brake. Most clients are in the proper habit of leaving the bike in gear naturally when turned off which eliminates the issue altogether, that is unless there is a mechanical issue with the bike causing this not to work.
    Hannigan Motorsports
    Murray, KY
    270-753-4256
    hannigan@apex.net
    www.hannigantrikes.com

3. Likes N/A - liked this post
    User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for your response to my question!

Tour Master
    User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a small trailer to pull behind my trike when I get it. The trailer has a round, 5 pin female plug. Since I don't have my trike to see what the harness looks like, could you tell me if I will be needing an adapter or rewire the trailer to connect the trailer to the trike electrical connection?

The trailer had brake and license plate lights as well as turn signals. I'm not sure if the brake lights are set up to act as running lights.

Thanks

Road Master Hannigan Motorsports's Avatar
    User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DblTrbl View Post
    I just bought a small trailer to pull behind my trike when I get it. The trailer has a round, 5 pin female plug. Since I don't have my trike to see what the harness looks like, could you tell me if I will be needing an adapter or rewire the trailer to connect the trailer to the trike electrical connection?

The trailer had brake and license plate lights as well as turn signals. I'm not sure if the brake lights are set up to act as running lights.

Thanks
    Good morning DblTrbl,
    If it is a true 5 pin round you will need an adapter. The plugs that come on both Hannigan Motorsports trailers and trike conversions are a 6 pin connector that is slightly rectangular and only houses 5 actual pins for the following;
    Ground
    Tail light
    Right Turn Signal
    Left Turn Signal
    Brake Light

We can make you a pigtail that will go from our plug to a pigtail so that it can be wired into a connector that will work but you will also need a connector that matches to wire into. My recommendation if you have settled on both a trike and trailer you love would be to whichever plug you like the least off and get the appropriate one to match so you will be trouble free for your riding.
    Hannigan Motorsports
    Murray, KY
    270-753-4256
    hannigan@apex.net
    www.hannigantrikes.com

7. Likes N/A, DblTrbl - liked this post
    Iron Butt 1
    User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rear Brakes

Would it be possible to respond to my question further down this site concerning rear brake pads and caliper size on a 2014 Wing kit? Thank you in advance.

User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Will I be able to purchase a cover from you next week at Americade?
    2013 Gen II

Name:  Trike Friday.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  128.2 KB

User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How about a Hannigan patch

First I want to tell you I am soooo proud of my Hannigan Transformer. The wife and I love it and get great commits every time we stop.

For fathers day I received a new riding vest. When asked what kind of patches I wanted on it I said a Hannigan goes on first if there is such a thing. Do you have a patch suitable for a vest? If so how do I get one?
    Every day is a good day.
    US NAVY SEABEES 1971-1975
    2010 Ultra Classic/ Hannigan Transformer
    1987 Honda Rebel 450
    Sold all the others

Rider
    User ID
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently purchased a 2012 GL1800 with a GenII kit and 180 front. I bought the wing with 13000 miles on it. I know the DOT numbers indicate the rear tires were Mfr in 2012 and the front was "2913", which would tell me the wing was triked in late 2013.

When I bought the trike, I got no documentation on the trike kit at all. With the information off the plate by the right rear wheel, could Hannigan be able to tell me when the kit was installed and other pertinent information? Would it contain the bike mileage at the time of install?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718