Likes Likes:  30
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 151
  1. #111
    Sponsor - Roadsmith Trikes
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    Roadsmith Trikes's Avatar
    User ID
    199
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG 689 View Post
    PM sent to Roadsmith

    Thanks
    Thanks for the note! We've reached out to the dealer and are awaiting any information they can provide. It would be great if you could stop by our location in Daytona Beach so we can inspect the trike in person. We have a store at 410 N. Beach St, and we will also have a satellite location at the Speedway.

    Jim

  2. Likes N/A - liked this post
  3. #112
    Road Rider DAWG 689's Avatar
    User ID
    18696
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Yulee
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raise the Front

    Jim,

    Thanks for your concern. I will be in Daytona March 10th--12th.
    I will most definitely stop by the Trike Shop to have my unit inspected.
    Who do I contact and what documentation do I need to provide ?
    What day do I need to be there ? Beech St. location is good
    Thanks Again !!!

    Jim
    JIM

    2015 Wing--2015 Roadsmith

  4. #113
    Sponsor - Roadsmith Trikes
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    Roadsmith Trikes's Avatar
    User ID
    199
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG 689 View Post
    Jim,

    Thanks for your concern. I will be in Daytona March 10th--12th.
    I will most definitely stop by the Trike Shop to have my unit inspected.
    Who do I contact and what documentation do I need to provide ?
    What day do I need to be there ? Beech St. location is good
    Thanks Again !!!

    Jim
    Jim - please stop by the 410 N. Beach St location. Pretty much any employee there can look at the trike and determine whether the ride height is correct or not. If not at the right height, we will come up with a plan to get it fixed.

    Jim

  5. Likes N/A - liked this post
  6. #114
    Road Rider DAWG 689's Avatar
    User ID
    18696
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Yulee
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raise the Front

    Sounds like a plan. I will be there for sure.

    Now that's Customer Service

    Thanks


    Jim
    JIM

    2015 Wing--2015 Roadsmith

  7. #115
    Road Rider DAWG 689's Avatar
    User ID
    18696
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Yulee
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ride Heigth----Follow Up

    Went by the Trike Shop today for an inspection

    They went over the complete unit and stated that all was good to go
    Must be my OLE BUTT !!!!!
    They did adjust the mufflers some to get them even and straight

    Don and Doug are 2 great guys and were very concerned that I might have an issue
    I left well satisfied and even picked up some additional info in reference to tires,air pressure,shock settings, differential and spline maintenance, etc.
    Appreciate the time and attention given
    Good to know folks like them are still around.


    Jim
    JIM

    2015 Wing--2015 Roadsmith

  8. Likes N/A - liked this post
  9. #116
    Rider Sally's Avatar
    User ID
    9861
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, KY USA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default shock springs

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadsmith Trikes View Post
    Hi Everyone! Roadsmith Trikes is here to help with answers to questions or anything else you might need for your Roadsmith Trike. We will be checking this forum regularly and promise to get back to you as quickly as we can. If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to call the main factory number 800-331-0705! Thanks and we look forward to chatting with you!
    Glad to meet you RS !! We recently purchased a 2007 Goldwing trike (Roadsmith kit). Before this purchase we owned a 2002 trike (Lehman kit).

    We love the independent suspension ...a real comfortable ride. We've had it out a total of 4 times since the purchase in May and already a couple of things have arisen. Took it out of the garage yesterday hoping to get a ride in and there was oil on the floor. Pinion seal was leaking and we're in the process now of getting/replacing that.


    While under the trike, my hubby noticed that the shock springs have been rubbing on the inside of the tires to the point of rubbing the letters off!!


    These are original tires put on by Roadsmith dealer in Rome, GA in 2009. Bike has 37,000 miles on it and no idea how long this rubbing has been going on. Recommended air pressure per manual is 35.

    Our Lehman ran 20...big difference. That's neither here nor there as kits are completely different in many ways but thinking 35 was a lot.

    Is this a problem that has ever been brought to your attention? What can a person do to remedy?

    Looks like two new tires go on the list along with the pinion seal. Disappointed....

  10. #117
    Rider Sally's Avatar
    User ID
    9861
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, KY USA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default tires

    I coulda sworn I saw a post asking about tires...
    What's recommended (brand, size...) for a Roadsmith conversion on a 2007 Goldwing?

  11. #118
    Iron Butt 2 bikerbillone's Avatar
    User ID
    9350
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    1,898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think RS recommends 26 to 30, check your RS manual, or give them a call.

  12. #119
    Sponsor - Roadsmith Trikes
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    Roadsmith Trikes's Avatar
    User ID
    199
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    Glad to meet you RS !! We recently purchased a 2007 Goldwing trike (Roadsmith kit). Before this purchase we owned a 2002 trike (Lehman kit).

    We love the independent suspension ...a real comfortable ride. We've had it out a total of 4 times since the purchase in May and already a couple of things have arisen. Took it out of the garage yesterday hoping to get a ride in and there was oil on the floor. Pinion seal was leaking and we're in the process now of getting/replacing that.


    While under the trike, my hubby noticed that the shock springs have been rubbing on the inside of the tires to the point of rubbing the letters off!!


    These are original tires put on by Roadsmith dealer in Rome, GA in 2009. Bike has 37,000 miles on it and no idea how long this rubbing has been going on. Recommended air pressure per manual is 35.

    Our Lehman ran 20...big difference. That's neither here nor there as kits are completely different in many ways but thinking 35 was a lot.

    Is this a problem that has ever been brought to your attention? What can a person do to remedy?

    Looks like two new tires go on the list along with the pinion seal. Disappointed....
    I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the pinion seal and tires.

    Your mechanic has been in contact with our team here at Roadsmith, and we are confident you will be back on the road soon. Both repairs are relatively simple and your mechanic sounds like a top-notch wrench.

    Recommended air pressure in our rear tires is 26-30lbs.

    Load, ride quality, and driving style will determine which end of this range you should be at. The more load or the more aggressive driving?

    You should be at the higher end for air pressure. Vice-versa for more sedate driving or desire for softer ride.


    Standard tire and rim size is 16x7 rims, with a 205/65/16 tire. Alternative sizes can be used, but "rim width" and "rim offset" need to be considered to ensure proper fitment within the wheel well.

    Meaning, the rim cannot be too wide (or it won't fit), and the overall diameter needs to be about 26" (rim with tire) to make sure the gear ratio is correctly matched with the differential.

    Please let us know how the repairs turn-out, and for sure contact us if any questions.

    Jim

  13. Likes N/A, DAWG 689 - liked this post
  14. #120
    Rider Sally's Avatar
    User ID
    9861
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, KY USA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadsmith Trikes View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the pinion seal and tires.

    Your mechanic has been in contact with our team here at Roadsmith, and we are confident you will be back on the road soon. Both repairs are relatively simple and your mechanic sounds like a top-notch wrench.

    Recommended air pressure in our rear tires is 26-30lbs.

    Load, ride quality, and driving style will determine which end of this range you should be at. The more load or the more aggressive driving?

    You should be at the higher end for air pressure. Vice-versa for more sedate driving or desire for softer ride.


    Standard tire and rim size is 16x7 rims, with a 205/65/16 tire. Alternative sizes can be used, but "rim width" and "rim offset" need to be considered to ensure proper fitment within the wheel well.

    Meaning, the rim cannot be too wide (or it won't fit), and the overall diameter needs to be about 26" (rim with tire) to make sure the gear ratio is correctly matched with the differential.

    Please let us know how the repairs turn-out, and for sure contact us if any questions.

    Jim
    Thank you Jim !!

    Wow!!

    That was a lot of info and I will pass the tire recommendations along to my hubby, the "mechanic"

    Comes in handy to be able to do a lot of the work ourselves and he did tell me that he'd been in contact. Very impressed how you offer your help to Roadsmith owners no matter if we're the original, second, third owner!! It's much appreciated !!

    Sally

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •