Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Zumos

100+ Post Club
    User ID

Default Zumos

I have a Zumo 550 in good working order.....I am thinking of upgrading to 660 ML. It's on sale for 309 dollars...I dont use the phone on my mc so no Use for the Bluetooth. Is it really worth 309 dollars for the upgrade
    If u are burnin gas an killin bugs........u must be havin a good time

User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

The 660 for $309?? That's a darn good price. Whether you use the Bluetooth or not, it's waterproof. You can get caught in a rainstorm and not have to worry about it. Also check and see if it has free upgrades for maps. That in itself is worth a mint. It will cost you at least a hundred bucks every time you upgrade the 550's maps. They really need upgraded every year. Don't ask me how I know.

So yes, it's worth the money. Just shop around and make sure you can't get it cheaper somewhere else.
    Present ride--
    2015 Tri glide

Past rides--
    2009 Night Train...2008 Yamaha royal star tour deluxe...2006 Yamaha Vstar 1300...2005 Yamaha majesty...2003 Honda reflex...1991 Kawasaki 454 ltd...1985 Honda Rebel...1984 Honda Elite...1975 Kawasaki trail bike (yeah I'm counting it. I got it for my 8th b-day)

User ID

JMO for what it's worth...I use a regular auto style Garmin (NUVI 52). It has a large 5 inch screen. I built a nice rain cover from a $3.99 5X6 index card box. The Garmin cost $69 at the exchange at Fort Jackson. It has free map upgrades, I can see it pretty good in the day/sun light. I would like to have the Tom Tom Rider but the price of the motorcycle Garmins/Tom Toms is simply too much for some of us.
    [URL="http://s7.photobucket.com/user/alwrmc/media/SignatureImage_zpsk8groidf.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/alwrmc/SignatureImage_zpsk8groidf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    STAR Chapter 424 Cleveland, TN
    FRA Branch 294 Crossville, TN

User ID

I really like my 350LM Zumo. I used the Zumo bar mount that came with it and hooked it up to the accessory panel on the trike. With the push of one button it goes to my pocket at stops. Although expensive, it's a great unit. Anyone had experience with the factory GPS in a GW? When I can't ride my Harley anymore I'll sell it and be looking for a relative new trike with low miles, then the wife and I both can be full time bar holders. Guess who will be riding the newer trike?

If "Plan A" didn't work.
    The alphabet has 25 more letters!
    Stay Cool.

User ID

My set up is a Garmin on the left and XM on the right. Both with rain covers. chrome.jpg
    2013 Tri-Glide with a few extras
    Vietnam Vet 66 / 67
    CQ CQ DE KD4LZL
    Member Patriot Guard Riders

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

User ID

Here is the Zumo mounted on mine. Quick and easy. Different strokes for different folks, nice arrangement in your pic, I like. SAM_0567.JPG

If "Plan A" didn't work.
    The alphabet has 25 more letters!
    Stay Cool.