Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Road Sergeant
    User ID
    20981
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    carbon, texas
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Wing guard protection

    I've gotten word that my Roadsmith kit is ready to ship so I wanted to get ya'lls opinion on something. I live 2 miles down a gravel road and was wondering if I should invest in some wing guard protection. I've checked out the seethroughbraz website and thinking there are other options too. I really would appreciate all of your input on this matter. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

  2. Likes Papa Zook - liked this post
  3. #2
    Road Sergeant alwrmcusn's Avatar
    User ID
    15071
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rockwood, TN
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Any vehicle is going to get nicks and dings but I'd do what I could to protect that new trike. Logically (to me) those clear see thru's just don't appear to provide the protection of the thicker bra's.

    STAR Chapter 424 Cleveland, TN
    FRA Branch 294 Crossville, TN

  4. #3
    Goldwing Guru Gold Rush's Avatar
    User ID
    4926
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Angelo
    Posts
    2,299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R Livingston View Post
    I've gotten word that my Roadsmith kit is ready to ship so I wanted to get ya'lls opinion on something. I live 2 miles down a gravel road and was wondering if I should invest in some wing guard protection. I've checked out the seethroughbraz website and thinking there are other options too. I really would appreciate all of your input on this matter. Thanks in advance guys and gals.
    I have 3M Paint Defender on my Wing Guards and it DOES NOT do the job. Because of the irregular shape the film protectors don't work well either on Wing Guards.

    I have talked to my local Line-X folks and will be having them put a light coat on my Wing Guards yet this winter. After only two years of riding they are just beat up and need to be refinished... I know a few guys that have the Line-X and it works very well.
    Jerry"Gold Rush" (aka: "SPOOK") San Angelo, TX
    2015 GL1800 / Roadsmith HTS1800
    TOI - IBA #23804 (SS1k & BB1.5K)
    I'm like an old thoroughbred...... I can still run the race -
    Just ache more at the finish line and need more rest between outings.


  5. #4
    Iron Butt 8 1dn5up's Avatar
    User ID
    21022
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    4,568
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like the clear stickies, the black vinyl bras tend to chafe the clear coat under them from the dust. Other option is to have the fender lower part repainted with same color impact paint after it gets too ugly. Can't be avoided unless ya don't ride it. My opinion for whatever it's worth
    2012 Triglide Piaggio MP3 500 to get groceries 1991 FLHS as back up
    "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it !"

  6. #5
    Road Master
    User ID
    23309
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    N Ky USA
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Rush View Post
    .........................I have talked to my local Line-X folks and will be having them put a light coat on my Wing Guards yet this winter. After only two years of riding they are just beat up and need to be refinished... I know a few guys that have the Line-X and it works very well.
    Gold Rush, I thinking along the same line. The ones you know who have had Line X applied what areas did they have it apply it to i.e. Only lower floor board area or did they also apply up on fenders? Did you color match or go with black? Anyone got any photos of this done on their trike I would appreciate a pic or two. Thanks!

  7. #6
    Goldwing Guru Gold Rush's Avatar
    User ID
    4926
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Angelo
    Posts
    2,299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson512 View Post
    Gold Rush, I thinking along the same line. The ones you know who have had Line X applied what areas did they have it apply it to i.e. Only lower floor board area or did they also apply up on fenders? Did you color match or go with black? Anyone got any photos of this done on their trike I would appreciate a pic or two. Thanks!
    One of the trikes with Line-X I know of had them do it solid about half way back on the fender. He didn't get a very good gloss coat so it's a bit dull but very functional. The trike is Black so I guess that could be considered "Color Matched". The other trike I know of did solid up the face of the fender then flame shape further back. As I recall that trike was gray so it blended will...

    My Line-X folks say they can color match. Don't know how close they would actually get. I've considered having the lower part of my fenders done in Gloss Black then using the clear film up higher where the fender is less prone to impact damage... When I get the Wing Guards done I will talk to them about that idea..

    Keep us posted on what you do please...
    Jerry"Gold Rush" (aka: "SPOOK") San Angelo, TX
    2015 GL1800 / Roadsmith HTS1800
    TOI - IBA #23804 (SS1k & BB1.5K)
    I'm like an old thoroughbred...... I can still run the race -
    Just ache more at the finish line and need more rest between outings.


  8. #7
    Road Master
    User ID
    23309
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    N Ky USA
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gold Rush, most of my chipping issues is on the front & leading edge of the running boards, floor boards, what ever one wants to call them. That was going to be my focus and leave the fenders as is. The fenders have the factory embroidered vinyl protectors. The only issue I have with them they cannot be removed without taking off floorboards first. I can unsnap the top but the bottom in pinched between the fender & the boards.
    I was thinking of a color matched floorboards only.

  9. #8
    JustWings
    Goldwing Tech Contributor
    GoldWingrGreg's Avatar
    User ID
    22719
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Zephyrhills, FL, USA
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For cheap and best protection, get some 2016 political bumperstickers and put them all over the front of your new trike

  10. #9
    Road Sergeant
    User ID
    20981
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    carbon, texas
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldWingrGreg View Post
    For cheap and best protection, get some 2016 political bumperstickers and put them all over the front of your new trike
    Good one

  11. #10
    Iron Butt 8 1dn5up's Avatar
    User ID
    21022
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    4,568
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default political stickers

    Great idea , line the right side with Trump, and the left with------ a---- the woman who also ran -------- drew a blank -----
    2012 Triglide Piaggio MP3 500 to get groceries 1991 FLHS as back up
    "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it !"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fender protection
    By mrshully in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-24-2016, 11:31 PM
  2. Fender protection
    By sometimetoburn in forum Suzuki - Kawasaki Trikes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2016, 04:36 PM
  3. HT1800 Wing Guard Supports
    By knob in forum Roadsmith Trikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2015, 10:15 PM
  4. Roadsmith Wing Guard Supports
    By knob in forum Brand Specific Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 07:15 PM
  5. Arm protection
    By Snake in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •