Quote Originally Posted by GoldWingrGreg View Post
Rhino 2 ... I've been heavily involved in GL1800 transmission repair since 2010, and have always been able to say this. GL1800's are the only known modern day m/c to use a high/low dog design since the very early 70s. 3 weeks ago, I found out that some Victory models, or possibly all models use a hi/low design too.

So, I'm sorry to tell you but this "With my Gunner [Vic] 2or 3 times when in neutral at a light, And the light changes ' Pop the trans to first, and half way through the intersection, It went back into neutral.. That gets your attention quick. So i go on the Victory forum that i am a member...Not to ask, Just to read because i know what the answers on a single bike forum would likely be.. Anyway 5 or 6 other people had that same thing happen to them....

The answers from the experts with the high number of post's, Range from Never had that happen to mine so your nuts, Or if you ''ARE'' using Victory recommended oil, Thats the problem..You should be using XYZ brand miracle oil..Or its your fault your not shifting right...ETC..ETC..."

is the same **it I had to put up with for year. All the riders and mechanics who no nothing about what you are talking about will blame it all on you. You shifted to fast ... or clutch wrong ... or you have a heal-toe shifter ... or your oil is wrong ... or you should have been going north and you were heading south became know as voodoo reasoning.

If your transmission problems are like ours, "It is absolutely not your fault." The only thing you did was choose the wrong one when you bought it. You should have chosen the Victory sitting next to the one you picked.
Well the Victory is gone now 'Not because of the tranny, I traded it in with my 11 T/G for a 17 T/G...