Parking Brake?

Is a parking brake normally part of the assembly for the GL1800 Gen II trike? I posted this question earlier on the Hannigan Motorsports Information thread but never received a reply. :Shrug:

Optional, I believe
Interesting that I checked web sight for options on GenII for a wing.and the hand brake didn't show up?????

I'm sure by law they are required ... 3 Wheelers will roll away, if parked on a slight incline and in neutral ..
Some even if left in gear....

They are not required by law.

For my Hannigan conversion the emergency brake was an option.

I'm sure by law they are required ... 3 Wheelers will roll away, if parked on a slight incline and in neutral ..
Some even if left in gear....
Not required by law.
Many Hannigan's out there built prior to the hand brake option!

The reason the conversions get away with it is because most conversions do not change the title from being a motorcycle. I believe if it is a factory built 3 wheeler DOT requires a parking brake. I have heard several other countries require even conversions to have one.

The reason the conversions get away with it is because most conversions do not change the title from being a motorcycle. I believe if it is a factory built 3 wheeler DOT requires a parking brake. I have heard several other countries require even conversions to have one.

Also American Motorcycles sent over seas have to have an engine kill if in gear and the kickstand is down.

Parking Brake

Spoke with someone from Hannigan. :) They normally don't install a parking brake unless the country the trike is going to (or in) requires it. They do offer a parking brake as an option for the GL1800 Gen II trike.

Spoke with someone from Hannigan. :) They normally don't install a parking brake unless the country the trike is going to (or in) requires it. They do offer a parking brake as an option for the GL1800 Gen II trike.

This is correct Wingnut.

The parking brake is not part of the base assembly. It is an additional option available for purchase unless the conversion is going out of the country where some countries require a parking brake be installed. We see maybe 1 out of 50 or so orders requesting a parking brake. Most clients are in the proper habit of leaving the bike in gear naturally when turned off which eliminates the issue altogether, that is unless there is a mechanical issue with the bike causing this not to work.

Back