TRIKED DCT GOLDWING

There is a large number of well known, volume Honda franchise dealers all across the country that are also long time trike conversion dealers. If they could not be warrantied, these dealers would not be converting them.

The problem with most of them is they cant figure out how a motorcycle or trike can be driven without haven a dealer every 20 miles or so to do repairs or buy a $ 50.00 t-shirt. So they think every brand is going to break down. :laugh:

The problem with most of them is they cant figure out how a motorcycle or trike can be driven without haven a dealer every 20 miles or so to do repairs or buy a $ 50.00 t-shirt. So they think every brand is going to break down. :laugh:

I've (I believe) been lucky, I TRIKED out my Goldwing two seasons ago, and have been (I believe, "again") lucky.......... I do baby my bike, and never beat on it... I'm a fair mechanic and service my own bike's engine, to the best of my ability ..... All required service, has been administered, so far.......... and many times I'm an oil ~n~ filter change OHLIC, and I totally believe that oil changes r good for the bike's engine...

So my oil and filter is actually changed twice as many times, as the manual calls for...... The good book reads to change the oil and filter every 8,000 miles......... I'D NEVER LET IT GO THAT FAR I change it many times even at the 2,000 - 3,000 mile mark....

I do baby my TRIKE, and never beat on it, I'm also a clean freak, so give'n her bath, before every ride is a must, and everytime it rains all day, you can usually find me in my garage (with headphones on listenen to Led Jepplin) give'n her a good total wax job as well...( I find that a clean and shiny bike always seem to ride better )

Ronnie

2/18/24

There is a large number of well known, volume Honda franchise dealers all across the country that are also long time trike conversion dealers. If they could not be warrantied, these dealers would not be converting them.

Is there a list of these dealers? I would rather do business with them than one that would not work on the complete bike.

Is there a list of these dealers? I would rather do business with them than one that would not work on the complete bike.

Here's two of them.....I've done business with both and great dealerships that build and service Goldwing CSC Trikes.

Heartland Honda in Springdale Ar

Davis Motorsports in Delano MN

Some independent dealers like myself, who have been doing trike conversions for years and do a volume business have forged very good relationships with our area franchise dealers. I buy a lot of new Honda Goldwing DCTs from Cycle Shack North in Conroe Texas to convert, and I also refer customers, in person to the sales manager Keith, for them to buy direct at a substantial discount, then we pick it up and convert it with their choice of conversion company, installing whatever options the customer wants.

Same with Eastside Honda in Beaumont, Premier BMW/Indian in the Woodlands Texas, The Woodlands Harley Davidson and a couple of franchise dealers in Dallas. Any and all of these dealers will service and warranty the customer's bike, no hassles. If there is an issue with the conversion part of the trike, we take care of that, if it is with the OEM motorcycle part, the dealer takes care of that part. This works well only when you have established a good relationship and very good communication and a mutual trust between the franchise dealer and installing dealer, which takes time to build.

When it does work, it works very well and benefits the customer, franchise dealer and trike conversion dealer. The franchise dealers know trike conversions are a thing now and if they themselves are not a trike dealer, many are eager to build a friendship with a good independent dealer. In my area, as well as most of Texas, I have found very few franchise dealers that will not work on a trike (the motorcycle part).

BurnerBoy,

Before Triking my 2018 Honda Gold Wing, I checked with my dealer to find out if they would still service the motorcycle. Bottom Line: They will service all motorcycle related portions of the trike forward, and my installer will handle all trike related issues.

As far as Dealerships that do trike conversions in MA, you may want to check with Green River Honda in Gill, MA; or Ocean Honda of Hanover MA.

BurnerBoy,

Before Triking my 2018 Honda Gold Wing, I checked with my dealer to find out if they would still service the motorcycle. Bottom Line: They will service all motorcycle related portions of the trike forward, and my installer will handle all trike related issues.

As far as Dealerships that do trike conversions in MA, you may want to check with Green River Honda in Gill, MA; or Ocean Honda of Hanover MA.

Green Rivers been closed for years. But they sell POT now. To bad it wasn't still a Honda dealer and Weed, go in for service sit around get High & watch the tube.

Try Valley in Northampton that is now owned by MOMS!

Thank you for that information Dan

I will give them a call this morning and check if they service TRIKES (finger's r X'd)

I do quite a bit myself, BUT a person just has to know their limitations....and have the correct needed tools to handle certain jobs...........Although I do have a garage full of tools , I DO NOT have any specialty tools....

Ronnie

3/12/24

Springfield, Massachusetts

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmorri1
Back