Shifter

Jun 28, 2018
Muskogee
The shifter in in the way. lol how are you guys moving the shifter? i would like it to be just in front of the seat. which means it needs to come up a little and also forward a little. i'm new at this. and need help. is there a kit to move it or do i need a welder. anybody have any ideas.

THANKS

With a cable shifter you could put the stick lever anywhere you want to.

RanchoPBS-shifter-709288.jpg

You can move a stock or standard type shifter a lot. As long as you can make the shift rod turn and go in and out. The more angle you put on that rod the harder it is to get it to work right. The dune buggy super shifter and universal joints work well, especially if you can not spend the money on a cable shift.

61pcOkbCS7L._SX425_.jpg

Anything you do will be a custom set up and will require fab and most likely weld.

don't want to spend money on a cable shifter. a longer shifter would be ok. i have a empi 23" shifter in it now. but it's a little short. i also have a empi bus shifter. laying around. i was talking with a guy on facebook and he said that the bus shifter would work fine. just bolts right up. but the bug shifter has a pin coming out of the ball. the bus shifter doesn't. does it matter if the pin is there? can a bus empi shifter be used in a bug?​

The stock shifters that were straight stems did not have a pin.

The stock shifters that have a bend to the stem have a pin. It keeps it from rotating.

The shift rod socket does or doesn't have a slot for the pin.

A pin shifter will not go in a socket without the slot.

A non pin shifter will go in and work in a slotted socket.

That is about the only function difference.

A long bus shifter just has lots of throw.

thanks that's what i needed to know. i tried to mount it but the bus shifter is taller. and would not mount. but last night i found a couple of diff spacers and longer bolts. they must have fallen out of the box the shifter. with the spacer it fits right in.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png