rattling

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Ronald:wave4:

Hi Ron, Welcome

I just want to say that there are many posts on this issue.

Check "rattles" in voyager threads.

"old Veteran" has made some modifications and suggestions...

I have the voyager on my 1500 GW and am 99% completely happy with the kit.

I have a early kit that had the "lock bar" for pre load adjustment.

I removed and installed the new "lock blocks" included in the new voyager kits.

I ordered them from Voyager and pre load is no longer any issue.

Rattles are very minimal...

I have a few posts on the voyager kit, You will enjoy it.

Oldveteran

I noticed I was mentioned about "rattling" with Voyager kits. I have done a lot of experimentation, setting of preload, tire pressures, shock pressures, and I re-did my suspension "axles" with nylon bushings AND side washers to keep metal off of metal. It works as stated in my thread, but I found something else. My Voyager is an older, dual-shock set-up, with the lock bar. I am going to upgrade this to the lock blocks, but let me tell you where I found another RATTLE. It was between the Voyager frame and the inner-covers the fill the gap between the fenders and the saddlebags on my 2003 Road King Classic w/leather covered hard bags. The bolts were tight, and the bushings were new, so I figured it was the inner cover plate contacting the frame when I hit some rough pavement. It was. I removed the covers and rode without them and subdued the rattle. To FIX it, I installed some door insulation tape to the top of the Voyager frame rail, between the rail and the cover. This added insulator, which was self adhesive type I bought at Lowe's, works great! I may need to replace it sometime over the years, but is an inexpensive and practical to ONE more RATTLE. My Voyager kitted Road King is VERY quite, even on rough surfaces.

Hope this helps some other Voyage devotee.

Oldveteran

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png