Mechanical Reverse

Apr 15, 2014
Walled Lake, MI US
Well warranty has expired, didn't buy the extended and starting to have issues with the electric reverse.

Anybody have a mechanical reverse installed on their Freewheeler? If so which one did you go with and how do you like it?

Thinking about not messing around with the electric and just doing the mechanical upgrade.

Red,

Not a Freewheeler, But i have it on my Tri-Glide ; Motor trike Reverse w/lockout..

I use it almost daily, I can and do park in any spot i feel like...And it will back out as fast as you dare to go. Just like a car..You can even spin the rear tires if you gun it... ..

Not a Freewheeler, But i have it on my Tri-Glide ; Motor trike Reverse w/lockout..

I use it almost daily, I can and do park in any spot i feel like...And it will back out as fast as you dare to go. Just like a car..You can even spin the rear tires if you gun it... ..

Thanks for the feedback Rhino, I've been looking at; Motor Trike, Baker, and Champion. Just trying to figure out which one.

All above mentioned works fine.

I had a Champion but does not have the cut out like the other two makers have.

Well looks like I will be putting off the mechanical reverse conversion; checked voltage on both sides of the breaker and the relay and they looked good, pulled the motor and bench tested it and it was good??:confused: Cleaned everything up and put it back together and it still wouldn't work so I bypassed the relay and it worked!!! Relay must have been stuck, but still can't figure out how it was getting the same voltage on both sides. Oh well.......

Red,

[h=2]Installation Instructions[/h]

Distrubuted by

and

*All of the above information assumes that the customer has OEM header pipes. The Motor Trike mechanical reverse gear is designed to be used in OEM applications. This product may not work with some aftermarket components. Two-wheel `07-Current Softail Family (except Springer) requires a braided steel oil line kit. The use of a true dual system may be required to use the reverse on the Softail. Bikes with a hydraulic clutch require a longer clutch push rod - please note this when ordering. Pricing subject to change without notice and does not include installation or shipping.

Look here yet? I am curios, I would put 1 on after my 7 year warranty runs out JMO

Harley Servi Cars had 3 speed sticks with a mechanical reverse as well as Big Twins set from the factory for side cars, Most all were FL models, Rare to find and EL, They were 61 Cubes

THE MOCO did not want to choke and say the EL could NOT handle this, It happened during the WAR years when noone had extra bucks and Indian was vying for GOVERNMENT contracts

We know the rest of that story Just Sayin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneRider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneRider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png