in-dash indicator lights

Aug 10, 2018
LAS VEGAS
Has anyone relocated their turn signal indicator lights to a different position? I hate where the indicators are located on the freewheelers. Takes your eyes off the road for too long a time to see if they are flashing. I would like to relocate mine up on the nacelle so I can see them by just glancing down with my eyes instead of tilting my head down. Having bifocals doesn't help either. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks, Staush

Turn signal mirrors

Has anyone relocated their turn signal indicator lights to a different position? I hate where the indicators are located on the freewheelers. Takes your eyes off the road for too long a time to see if they are flashing. I would like to relocate mine up on the nacelle so I can see them by just glancing down with my eyes instead of tilting my head down. Having bifocals doesn't help either. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks, Staush

How about something like these.

https://www.amazon.com/HTT-Motorcyc...cycle+mirrors&qid=1553728258&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Last edited:
indicator lights

As far as getting info from Harley, no way. would drather get information from the forum,usually tried and true. Don't want to put on mirrors, just some small lights on nacell. Good thought about the mirrors Tucci, will look on Harley web site on how they connect them on a freewheeler and will substitute small indicators instead of mirrors.

Thanks Guys

Blinkers

It would be simpler to leave the factory ones as is and just wire a set of aftermarket LED pod lights into the front blinker wiring - You can mount the LED pods just about anywhere you like - Perhaps on the top of turn signal pods or the back side of the windshield - Very easy

Turn signals

Where I live, no one uses turn signals. They don't want to make a commitment until the very last second before they turn in front of you.

indicators

Nobody uses signals anywhere. Using PODS is a good idea. Checked Harley wiring and the mirrors connect directly into turnsignal wiring so why not any other leds. thank you

LED PODS

It would be simpler to leave the factory ones as is and just wire a set of aftermarket LED pod lights into the front blinker wiring - You can mount the LED pods just about anywhere you like - Perhaps on the top of turn signal pods or the back side of the windshield - Very easy

I 👍 like this idea, thinking about setting them up so they would be visible to anyone approaching directly from either side.

I have been using Radantz Haloz front turn signal LED clusters on my Freewheeler for about a year now. They are white for DRL and flash amber/white. Very bright,too. Anyway, I can see them flash from a normal riding position even in bright sunlight. No need to look for the indicators on the dash.

Has anyone relocated their turn signal indicator lights to a different position? Thanks, Staush

I had a similar thought when I was relocating mine due to a front end swap (for a springer) that did not happen. But in that effort, I bought a set of Rivco Mirrors for the same reason. Here they are:

Mirrors.jpg

They have great forward visibility (LED powered like Jack was referencing) and rear facing indicators in the mirror that both add to the rear facing turn signals on the trike body and are obvious to the rider that the turn signal is flashing. To MDO's point, my local HD dealer was consulted and it was not a problem to install these on the Trike (mine is a 17 Freewheeler) stock front end or otherwise.

Just an idea, If you want a pair, I have a brand new set that I am now not going to use. So I can make you a deal on them.

indicator lights

Decided to try these leds. No drilling, just tapped into turn signals. Going for a ride, see how they work. Would like them a little higher on nacelle, but this was quick and easy.

Attachments

• 20190402_224054837_iOS.jpg
    20190402_224054837_iOS.jpg
    770.7 KB · Views: 138
indicator lights

Sorry about the sideways picture.Moved my indicator lights one last time. these work perfect now. do not have to move my head down to see, just look down with my eyes.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 112
indicator lights

Found them on Amazon. Google indicator lights and click on Amazon. These are 5/16 inch hole diameter lights. Alpinetech 12 volt. $ 6.00 Each.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png