Champion Easy Steer

Nov 16, 2011
wayne, wi
Well I finally finished the installation of a Champion kit on my 2001 Harley Ultra and took it for its first ride. I never rode it with the stock front. I installed everything as one project. My problem, the front end seems very squirrelly and loose, very bad on gravel, I have a gravel driveway and will be doing a lot of gravel road driving which leads to my question. Can I stiffen the front end by tightening the bearing bolt? Will I do damage to the bearing by going too tight? I don't want to fight with the front end(without the easy steer) but I don't want it moving when I hit the gravel roads, with the easy steer installed. Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

I think you will find all Harley Trikes have wobble at low speeds. Mine has the steering damper which helps, but does now completely stop it. My front end is loose feeling compared to my two wheeler.

It will not hurt to tighten the bearing nut......it is actually recommended for the EZ-Steer. There is a post on here somewhere regarding how to adjust the "fall-away" or front fork free swing. The dealer that installed my Champion kit adjusted the fall-away and my trike has no front end shimmy or wobble at any speed up to 100mph.....which is faster than I care to ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png