New From Brighton, MI; want to build a trike using a Suzuki S40

New From Brighton, MI; want to build a trike using a Suzuki S40

I'm a retired Marine Corps Gunny; looking for info on parts availability, suitability, etc. I want something SMALL, so I'll probably build from scratch. I'm leaning toward starting with the Suzuki S40, and going from there. I'm not ever going to carry a passenger, and at most will only take 40-50 lbs of gear along when I ride. My personal cruising speed is 60 mph, so I don't need or want a big engine. I'd like to stick to an air-cooled engine to keep it simple, and would appreciate any suggestions along those lines.

Thanks

Re: New From Brighton, MI; want to build a trike using a Suzuki S40

Welcome glad you joined us. Good luck with your build. RIDE SAFE

I would have concerns on a s40 having enough power, people with a c70 wish they had more.

I want a SMALL trike. I won't be installing a passenger seat, and rarely get above 60 mph (I avoid freeways). All I need is a seat and a small rack on the back for a little bit of gear; I don't need more than 50 hp. I plan on just cruising the back roads and exploring the small towns.

Gunny Green

Welcome! Can't help you much with your trike build, but would love to hear of your progress on the project. Have fun, post often, ride safe! :wave4:

Welcome!

I think I would plan a little bigger... you'll probably want to do it later anyway, or

Insta-Trike or any of the other put on/take off units.

Welcome Gydcgreen and greetings from Long Island. Remember, better to have too much power and not use it than have too little and wish you had more.

WELCOME to TRIKE TALK.....Good Luck on Your Project...I've had everything from 650cc to 1800+ cc......always managed to get wherever I was going with all of them.....;)ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png