VTX Trikes?

i am having one built as we write lol...well the actual build won't start for a week or so. my buddy who is doing the build just had a baby...ok...his wife did....so i am at his and hers and the babys mercy on scheduling right now. but when i get ownership i will post a picture or two in the forum....;):clapping::pepper:

VTX trike

i am having one built as we write lol...well the actual build won't start for a week or so. my buddy who is doing the build just had a baby...ok...his wife did....so i am at his and hers and the babys mercy on scheduling right now. but when i get ownership i will post a picture or two in the forum....;):clapping::pepper:

I have a VTX1800 with a Roadsmith kit which I purchased from Papa Zook. I love it and it has been the most fun to ride since I've been riding trikes and 2 wheelers. It's smooth, plenty of power and very comfortable. I have been too lazy to post pictures because I've been riding it a lot, I will soon though. I also noticed that the prices for the kits are lower now also.

vtx trike

I have a 2005 vtx 1300 with a roadsmith conversion that I bought from a dealer in 2012. I am really enjoying it.:) No problems with it so far.

You will love it!

Hey guys - a VTX makes a great trike conversion. You are right in that they are not as populous as Goldwing trikes. However, all the great engineering and craftsmanship you find in our Goldwing and HD-based trikes will be found in a VTX-based trike. The kit is not really any less expensive (just less options available), but with the lower price point of the VTX, you get a lot of "bang for the buck".

Feel free to ask any questions about our VTX trikes, and we'll get right back to you.

IMG_3051.jpg

I'm new, and I have a VTX1800 trike

Hi, I guess there aren't many VTX trikes here. Mine is a 2003 front end and it was converted with a Champion kit 2 or 3 years ago. I'm the second owner of the trike. The last 8 or 9 years I've been on 3 Harleys and 2 Victorys. The Harleys didn't stand up to the millage so I switched to the Victory. (insert "hows that working out for ya" here) .

I'm starting to have balance issues now and the deal came along that I could not pass up. It's the first trike I've been on after well over 250,000 miles on 2 wheels. It takes some getting use to. My wife did a lot of snowmobiling in her youth so the change over when she had her Electra glide triked was easy for her. I do miss the fuel mileage of the V-twin (40-45 mpg) but it's nice not having to pay the price for premium for the harleys or even mid-range for the Victory.

I live in Northwest Indiana where most of the "twistys" consist of a 90 deg turn at each end of a boring straight section. There are a few twisty sections near me and that is letting me get use to the riding style.

I think I'm going to have to fab a seat bracket and seat so I can move the seat back an inch or 2 to give my legs a more relaxed position. I am going to buy a set of handlebar risers to move the bars up and back.

Well, I guess that's all for now.

Dave R.

VTX Trike

I've had mine for about two years and I absolutely love it! When I first started looking at trikes, my first choice was a Gold Wing. I've wanted a Wing since they came out. Even older years were still out of my price range, and I started looking at VTX's. I found an 05 VTX 1300 with a Champion kit. I rode it and was hooked. Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a much more expensive Wing, it's perfect since my tastes tend to lean towards the simpler side. I added some pinstripe graphics and added some bluetooth Speakers. I was going to post a pic, but I can't seem to upload it from my laptop.

I've had mine for about two years and I absolutely love it! When I first started looking at trikes, my first choice was a Gold Wing. I've wanted a Wing since they came out. Even older years were still out of my price range, and I started looking at VTX's. I found an 05 VTX 1300 with a Champion kit. I rode it and was hooked. Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a much more expensive Wing, it's perfect since my tastes tend to lean towards the simpler side. I added some pinstripe graphics and added some bluetooth Speakers. I was going to post a pic, but I can't seem to upload it from my laptop.

I too was looking at the Wing until I drove my buddy's. I could not put up with the straight down stance of my legs. Loved the smooth ride but my legs (knees) Must be out front. Never liked the Tupperware coverup either. 2 years later my buddy sold his for a Yamaha. His knees couldn't take the Wing any longer. I like seeing the V-Twin engine. I use clear windshield and lowers. No faring here. It just looks like a motorcycle.

VTX Trike

Here's a couple pics of my VTX. I also like just the windshield. The pinstripes are from Winners Cycle Graphics, there seemed to be a lot of plain space that I thought needed a bit of something when I got her. Since I just just retired, I'll be spending a lot more time in the saddle this summer.

View attachment 68082Rear View.JPGTank Top.JPGFront Fender.JPGTrunk.JPGRear Fender.JPG

I'm not sure why some of the pics came up sideways. I finally figured out why my pics weren't loading, I had to resize them so they fit under the 1M limit.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png