the "passive anti-theft system" is inop

Apr 28, 2009
Huntsville, Tx
I called TMS and talked to Nick a few minutes ago and have found out that the original Stallions did have this feature but so many folks lost there keys and it is such a hassle to get keys if you don't have one, so they just quit making it work.
at least that is the answer I got
I also had a blank made and the Stallion will start with it, so does NOT a chip and the passive anti-theft system does not work.

the thread "Stallion Story of the day" also has info on this subject, Lunchbox1983 started that thread.

Last edited:
I hate to say this and make the factory look bad, but my wife had Unit 175. That was 49 in the normal production after the Dealer Demo's were built. Unit 175 was delivered with the SmartLoc system in-op. Production started in Nov of 07 with the first 50 going to the dealers, we took delivery in March of 08 of Unit 175. How could they have had that much feedback about lost keys in 5 months with the first ones going to the dealers to make a decision to disable the system? I wonder what the real reason is, because that one doesn't make sense. It's not a earth shattering deal, but a note to current owners and a addition in the manual saying that the system is not functional would be all that is needed to have everyone know that they do not need to spend $30 for an additional key that really does nothing. Honest communication goes a long ways. Using the original keys makes sense also, but just say normal non-chip keys will work as replacements. Ted

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png