Looking for info about a hitch for Lehman Trike on a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard

Looking for info about a hitch for Lehman Trike on a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard

In Ontario, Canada looking for a hitch to install on this trike. Have been recommended to get a Hidden Hitch if possible.

OntarioLes

Attachments

• 2008 Suzuki Trike-2.jpg
    2008 Suzuki Trike-2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 141
Raider or Tramp

William,

The Harley-Davidson Sportster Raider kit and the Suzuki Volusia or Boulevard C-50 Tramp were not designed for a hitch. There is no place to properly attach the hitch.

The body will not support a hitch and you sure don't want to attach it to the rear axle. :Shrug:

Jim, from your signature I see that you are the right person to have heard from on this. I am grateful for your reply - it saved me from making a serious error. :xzqxz: I was hoping the trailer would be the answer to the lack of space to carry gear needed from a longer ride, example from Ontario to British Columbia. From the picture you can see the previous owner's set up for luggage. Since it eliminates the passenger seat, I was thinking about re-positioning it to the other side of the back rest while leaving space to open the trunk lid. The long trip would be a solo ride.

I have heard of fender racks that might be useful. Enough to say, that I am open to suggestions that would allow for enough additional storage for some longer trips as well as some items that are often handy to have when riding.

Thank you for your reply. Also thanks for trikeman's heads up. :wave4:

William

I don't recall there being much if any "frame" under the rear of those, doesn't the body just attach with like 4 bolts on top. The fenders then hang out over rear tires and probably have enough support for themselves only?

I've seen fender racks used with old school saddle bags draped over the rear seat and bags resting on fender racks, but I don't recall kit make. If those fenders lack support, I wouldn't want to put a lot of weight on them. The seat will carry weight though. There are some seat mounted tall luggage solutions that would sit on the passenger seat, strap down, and they hold a lot. Use "Google" and search the term " luggage bag for motorcycle ", lots of stuff out there.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png