forget it

My 2016 had one, but it was on the bike when I bought it, trying to decide if I want one on the new one whichever year I get, I know waxing the trike with the tour pack rack wasn't the easier to do but doable. I don't travel so to speak and I can see where that would come in handy for extra stuff on top so long if it's not over weight.

All for now Trampas

I had it on both my 11 and 17 Tri-Glide....Cosmetically it makes the Trike looked finished ..

I found it also makes a great handle to hold so as not to slam the cover closed....

And i also used it to lay my jacket on when i'm parked....I learned sometimes laying it on the seat it can slide and hit the hot pipes .....Other than that...:Shrug:

What I can't figure out is why harley shows 2 of them, one for $199 and I believe the other one for $129 or $139 can't remember, I must be blind because I can't see the difference except the $199 has the script harley davidson on it, can't see the other one very good and maybe it does also.

With the prices of harley parts to put on your bike, might have to rob a bank to pay for everything plus the bike, just out of this world on price

All for now Trampas

P.S. Always tell people the HD stands HIGH DOLLAR

I think the one for 199 is the air wing it has a light in the back that acts as a running light and maybe a 3rd brake light.

That is correct. The one that sells for $199.95 is the Air Wing luggage rack. And it can be equipped with an LED light that functions as both a running light and brake light. And yes, the LED light does cost extra. No surprise there. It lists for $69.95.

But you can get the rack at Boardtracker H-D's online store for $160. http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline...ir-wing-tour-pak-chrome-luggage-rack-79179-08

The LED light is listed at $58. If you do decide to purchase the light, please note that there are two versions. One for 2013 and older models and the other for 2014 and newer. They are also available with either a red or smoked lens.

They offer a similar discount on all Harley parts and accessories. It is usually about 17%. You also get free shipping on orders of $99 or more.

That is correct. The one that sells for $199.95 is the Air Wing luggage rack. And it can be equipped with an LED light that functions as both a running light and brake light. And yes, the LED light does cost extra. No surprise there. It lists for $69.95.

But you can get the rack at Boardtracker H-D's online store for $160. http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline...ir-wing-tour-pak-chrome-luggage-rack-79179-08

The LED light is listed at $58. If you do decide to purchase the light, please note that there are two versions. One for 2013 and older models and the other for 2014 and newer. They are also available with either a red or smoked lens.

They offer a similar discount on all Harley parts and accessories. It is usually about 17%. You also get free shipping on orders of $99 or more.

I had the Air Wing rack on several CVO two wheelers as they came standard on the CVO models. Added the LED light to one and it was a waste of money. During the day it simply could not be seen. At night it could be seen but investing in better taillights is a much better option imo.

Now if you don't plan to carry luggage on your tour-pak I think the Air Wing looks a bit better than the standard. But it is a bit smaller and on some bags the straps to secure the bag to the rack don't line up very well. I was able to make it work with my bag but for functionality and usability I much prefer the standard tour-pak rack I added to my TG.

Thanks Ultrafxr, guess they are not the same as I thought, granted the air wing is better looking and now I know you can put a light kit on it, now I know the difference in price but $60 difference I would go with the cheaper one myself, not sure what I had on the 2016 since it was already on, never paid much attention to it.

Rhino2, you are right about closing the lid with the rack, grab the rail of rack and lower it down, no slamming at all, good point, never thought of it that way, but it does dress up the triglide so to speak.

Just wish harley would put these things on when new, like the rack, bumper, but if they did more money for the trike which IMHO are to high now and then they couldn't sell these things that we put on to get more money, never ending process.

All for now Trampas

I had the air wing on my 2016, it was on when I bought it used, pulled some pics up and expanded it and it was the air wing, it is good looking but a rack is a rack, it serves one purpose, put stuff on, LOL

All for now Trampas

Trampas I agree with you that Harley should include the rack as standard equipment. I mean WTF, the Limited comes with the tour-pak rack and heated grips for goodness sake. The TG is nothing more than a Limited with a third wheel! The only reason for them not coming standard imo is to keep the cost down (year right!) and then get you to pay more when you do add. End of rant but I'm still not happy about the BS nickle and dime way Harley chisels you for more $$ on these things.

Hey V4bob49, is New Glarus still famous for brats & swiss cheese and the William Tell Festival?

Yes, all of that plus the New Glarus Brewery. Their beer is pretty popular, and is only sold in Wisconsin. I have only lived here a year and half, but have found it to be quite the tourist town during the summer months and into the fall. Beautiful countryside and great riding roads in this part of the state!

Trampas I agree with you that Harley should include the rack as standard equipment. I mean WTF, the Limited comes with the tour-pak rack and heated grips for goodness sake. The TG is nothing more than a Limited with a third wheel! The only reason for them not coming standard imo is to keep the cost down (year right!) and then get you to pay more when you do add. End of rant but I'm still not happy about the BS nickle and dime way Harley chisels you for more $$ on these things.

Well I would say that the TG is more of a cross between the Ultra Classic and the Limited. It comes with the better infotainment system that is not standard on the Ultra Classic, but does not include the heated grips,rack and chrome trimmed wheels that are standard on the Limited but not on the Ultra. That being said, yes H-D is always looking for ways to get more $$ from us. But what manufacturer doesn't do that? They all want to get into our wallets!

Like deleting the CB but not reducing the price. I know some people don't use the CB, but many do - including road guards. Cost me over $1000 to add it back onto my 2014. That really pi$$ed me off.

Like deleting the CB but not reducing the price. I know some people don't use the CB, but many do - including road guards. Cost me over $1000 to add it back onto my 2014. That really pi$$ed me off.

I agree completely. Everyone I ride with all use CBs. If you ride with a group (even just one other bike) it is so nice (and so much safer imo) to be able to exchange pertinent information. When I got my 2018 TG I just bought everything from Boardtracker online and installed it myself. Not at all difficult and so much cheaper.

Did the same thing with my SiriusXM module. I am no mechanic but if you have the shop manual and are at all handy with tools it's pretty easy.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png