Buying a key for ECM

They use a tuner, I guess it could be called a key, I call it a dongle. The key or dongle or what ever you want to call it is similar to this depending on who makes it.

sepronew.jpg

Is this better then buying a regular tuner. The shop that does the dyno tuning uses this key method. I never heard of that,and why they use it. What is the differece between this and a SE tuner???

Is this better then buying a regular tuner. The shop that does the dyno tuning uses this key method. I never heard of that,and why they use it. What is the differece between this and a SE tuner???

There is the SEPro and the SEStreet tuners by Harley.

The SEPro tuner doesn't need a key and will allow the bike owner to adjust the ECM calibration himself.

The SEStreet tuner is a little less money than the SEPro but the dealer needs to purchase a key to install a Harley calibration or sometimes called a stage I or stage II flash. These flashes, in my opinion, are not worth the brain cells used to put then in digital format. The SEStreet tuner will not allow the bike owner to adjust the ECM calibration himself. This whole idea of having to pay 350 bucks so a dealer can flash a calibration, plus the cost of the key, to your ECM was silly from the start and an insult to anyone who purchased a Harley.

Guess I'm opinionated just a tad bit... :D:D

There are other tuning options out there that are more affordable and easy to use. Please don't let a dealer talk you into purchasing the key for a SEStreet tuner.

Yeah I not thrilled with this suggestion either. This place has a trike dyno, but doesn't like the Power Commander III that I already have. I don't think I need to spend another $330.00 for this thing they like, and then another $350.00 for the Dyno tune.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png