trike kits

Hi; i purchased a 06 g/w that my wife would like me to trike I'm looking at the roadsmith kit but can't believe what dealers want for them. does anyone know if any dealers discount at all i am looking for a diy kit. thanks

I think you'll really like the Roadsmith. ThumbUp

Hannigan is another great kit which is similar to Roadsmith regarding the longer wheelbase. That's not saying that the others like MotorTrike, CSC, ect. aren't great selections as well. ;)

Thanks for the comments, I'm pretty sure that i'ved deceided on the roadsmith and i'll wait till winter and see if anybody gets hungry. thanks

Roadsmith is a great choice. Was almost my choice as well. Good Luck with your winter search but I personally think you'll be hard pressed to find any trike dealers getting hungry over the winter.

If I recall correctly, one of the members on this forum "Stephen" bought a Roadsmith kit and installed it himself - including painting, and had a very sstisfactory outcome. I understand that Roadsmith will sell the kits to individuals for DIY installation and is extremely liberal with telephone help.

If I recall correctly, one of the members on this forum "Stephen" bought a Roadsmith kit and installed it himself - including painting, and had a very sstisfactory outcome. I understand that Roadsmith will sell the kits to individuals for DIY installation and is extremely liberal with telephone help.

Make sure how the warranty works, are having/ had some issues with mine.

Did not need help, just the right parts. Yes i gave them year and serial ###

Did it all incl painting.

Have a shop, do paint, engines, transmissions.
+ machine shop.

You can probably get a better deal through one of Roadsmiths dealers then you can from Roadsmith manufacturing. They want their dealers to make money too. :)

I bought mine directly from Roadsmith this past spring, painted to match my Wing. Had a local friend who's an MC mechanic install it and am VERY satisfied with the result. The folks at Roadsmith were GREAT to work with and offered very responsive service when we had questions during installation. Would definitely go this was again....by the by, I highly recommend the extra 5 gallon fuel tank, really gives the scoot some legs!

I bought mine directly from Roadsmith this past spring, painted to match my Wing. Had a local friend who's an MC mechanic install it and am VERY satisfied with the result. The folks at Roadsmith were GREAT to work with and offered very responsive service when we had questions during installation. Would definitely go this was again....by the by, I highly recommend the extra 5 gallon fuel tank, really gives the scoot some legs!

The folks i dealt with was not easy to deal with. Had a part laying on warranty managers desk for days not shipped. Called found that out.
Got a email next day, they need a credit card, took $6.30 out of it.

You might also want to check with your insurance company. Due to liability issues some companies are starting to be sticklers about having a dealer do it and not self installed.

You might also want to check with your insurance company. Due to liability issues some companies are starting to be sticklers about having a dealer do it and not self installed.

Have never heart that before. People building trikes out of vw parts.

Each state has inspection places for cars there have salvage license.
They inspect those every day.

Well in Conn. for sure you are not going to build a trike out of spare VW parts. You better invest in a few Crash Dummies too :Trike1:
We had issues with Dune buggies and kit cars. Conn rules say you can only build one composit motorcycle in your lifetime and sell it. After that you must become a manufacturer. I have seen people from other states build a trike with a wooden frame, or attach it to car front end, that will not fly in the New England states. I would like to see comments from others on here on what you can build in your State and register.
Salvage title is also real hard. An auto body shop told me when my wife totaled her 04 Acura , don't even bother trying to save it. They check every nut bolt , measurement, receipt , could take months.

Well in Conn. for sure you are not going to build a trike out of spare VW parts. You better invest in a few Crash Dummies too :Trike1:
We had issues with Dune buggies and kit cars. Conn rules say you can only build one composit motorcycle in your lifetime and sell it. After that you must become a manufacturer. I have seen people from other states build a trike with a wooden frame, or attach it to car front end, that will not fly in the New England states. I would like to see comments from others on here on what you can build in your State and register.
Salvage title is also real hard. An auto body shop told me when my wife totaled her 04 Acura , don't even bother trying to save it. They check every nut bolt , measurement, receipt , could take months.

Not down here in the bible belt, anything goes.
Inspection sticker $5.00. Horn has to work.

In Mississippi

Good news and bad news . Easy to build an unsafe vehicle, not so good for everyone else when it falls apart on. the road or hits sometng when brakes do not work. Of course you can blow the horn to warn people before you kill them. Some I have seen are down right dangerious.

Thanks guys for the posts. I'm looking for deals, some people can't replace a light bulb and they should have someone do everything for them, I don't happen to be one of them. so lets keep the topic on point.. thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png