Cams And Comments

Oct 13, 2010
USA
I know we all run all kinds of cams..

What I like to know is anyone out there running the woods TW222 or the Andrews 57H cam. Like to know if anyone has them in there Trikes and any numbers for torgue or horsepower would be great

The TW 555 seems to be a favorite for the Trikers also.

Any feedback is welcome..ThumbUp

Quite a few cams out there to choose from, Head Quarters HQ500, HQ525, Tman 555 Torqster, of course the Wood TW555, & TW6. By the looks of it the Wood TW222 should work as should the Andrews 57 which is more or less a TW37 pumped up. There are folks running the Redshift 575 in 103" bagger with no complaints.

Coming up with dyno charts with them in a trike is like searching for a needle in a hay stack. You can find sheets of the cams run in baggers but it could be tough to determin how the cam will work with the exhaust we are stuck with on the trikes. Lot of guys running 2:1 or duels on their baggers. An exhaust can make or break a combination.

Running Andrews 57H in an 08 California Sidecar Conversion. They create loads of low end torque and don't run out till way beyond where I like to shift. Had to add an AIM VP lockup to the clutch basket after cause the clutch would slip, even cold. Also punched up to a 103.

Great set up.:10:

Enjoy the Ride.

i have run the se 255 in my last two trikes 103 motor and they work good but on start they stall some times does anyone know where there is a dyno for a trike in florida and is thattw555 cam for a 103
thankstrykman

i have run the se 255 in my last two trikes 103 motor and they work good but on start they stall some times does anyone know where there is a dyno for a trike in florida and is thattw555 cam for a 103
thankstrykman

Under the dyno thread check out 427dave post for a dyno near inverness fl

When can you feel the TW 555 cam kick in at what RPM?? and how far up the band can you feel the power when excellerating?

Looks like my dyno sheet.

Real close, here's yours. Green is yours with the SE255 cams and blue is the finished tune with the TW555 cams.

09tgtw555cams.jpg

Was that torgue number over 100?? Sure looks great to me...What else besides the cams did you do? Header,Mufflers etc I bet??

Other than the cams it has the SE Air Cleaner with the K&N filter, Rush true dual headers and Rush mufflers with 2 inch baffles at that time. I have since trashed the Rush mufflers for a set of SE Fatshotz and a minor retune. I am very happy with the way it sounds and runs now. We ride 2 up mostly and pull a trailer on long trips. I just did 4000+ miles from MO to Montana and back with the trailer and averaged 27.5 mpg. Not great, but acceptable.

Sam

what else did you do to get the numbers?? besides the cam??

The cam, a screamin eagle stage 1 air cleaner and the SE 4" mufflers. Might have been able to get more with some more time fiddling, but I was looking to have a conservative tune that wasn't so fuel picky.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png