New Battery

Baldy_54

1750+ Posts
Dec 18, 2010
MD
My 05 Battery is almost 7 years old and with winter coming on, I hope that whatever battery I buy will last just as long. So where is the best place to get a new battery? Would like the same as is in the Bike now and should I get a dry battery and install the acid? Thanks in advance. It is still cranking nicely, but I think I am on borrowed time with winter and lack of use.

PS Wow, I just read below that a guy has a battery that is 10 years old. Might add that I have never used a tender or put my present 7 year old battery on a charger.

Check out www.batterymart.com. Huge variety, good prices and amazing delivery. I just ordered an Odyssey for a Wing late in the day on Sunday via their website and it was on my front steps 8:30 a.m. Tues via FedEx. I think they're in Va and I'm in NJ.

My 05 Battery is almost 7 years old and with winter coming on, I hope that whatever battery I buy will last just as long. So where is the best place to get a new battery? Would like the same as is in the Bike now and should I get a dry battery and install the acid? Thanks in advance. It is still cranking nicely, but I think I am on borrowed time with winter and lack of use.

PS Wow, I just read below that a guy has a battery that is 10 years old. Might add that I have never used a tender or put my present 7 year old battery on a charger.

Sounds like you are doing just fine!
Two thoughts: Spend a few bucks for peace of mind and get a Battery Bug. Mount it on the bike where you can see it (mine is on the gas tank door) and you will always know the condition of your battery. Second: with the good luck you have been having, why not get the same battery you have now?

Sounds like you are doing just fine!
Two thoughts: Spend a few bucks for peace of mind and get a Battery Bug. Mount it on the bike where you can see it (mine is on the gas tank door) and you will always know the condition of your battery. Second: with the good luck you have been having, why not get the same battery you have now?

Thanks Konrad. The Battery is the one that came with the 05 Wing I think it is a Yuasa.I noticed that there are several models wondering if buying one of the higher priced units is worth the added cost?

Will check out a Battery Bug, never heard of one before.

The battery Bug is a pretty nice accessory and not expensive either.

I have mine mounted in the upper trunk as I always go in there for something before a ride so it's become part of my pre-check.

Thanks Konrad. The Battery is the one that came with the 05 Wing I think it is a Yuasa.I noticed that there are several models wondering if buying one of the higher priced units is worth the added cost?

Will check out a Battery Bug, never heard of one before.

Yuasa is a very well-known and reputable brand. My personal opinion is that I doubt a higher-priced model will do more for you than the model you now possess - after all, it starts your bike, keeps it running and runs all your lights and add-ons. Why pay more to do the same thing?

As to the Battery Bug, The information it provides with just a glance gives me the confidence to take long trips without worrying about my basic electrical system. If your battery is about to fail, the Bug will give you plenty of visual and auditory warning so you have time to correct the problem.

If you are the belt and suspenders type (in this case, that's me!) get a Battery Tender Jr. If my trike is going to sit for more than a couple of days I plug it in and my battery is always in top condition. Cheap insurance.

Here is the problem with going so long with a motorcycle battery.......When motorcycle batteries die, they often die ON THE SPOT. No warning, no notice. You stop for gas, everything is going well, and then you try to start the bike and it is just like someone stole the battery....For that reason, I change batteries on both my bikes every 3 yrs. I don't want to be caught in Utah somewhere on a trip and have my battery to bad just to save 20 or 30 bucks. Piece of mind is worth more to me than that. The last time I had a battery that I kept 6 yrs was on a 550 Honda with a kick start that might have saved me if it had died on me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png