Stator Plug Leak

wonder if they jusst used up there older inventory before the new design came out on certain 2011's??

They use up old stock before making the change, they have a 50 - 50 chance it will either fail under warranty and they pay to replace it, or fail out of warranty and the customer gets to pay.

I had oil coming out of the Stator plug. Needed the Crank seal replaced. Engine oil was leaking into the primary if I recall correctly.
Yea that happens sometime too..But my oil levels in the primary are still normal..

Stator replaced twice now. I seem to recall that plug leaking at least once. 55k on '10 TG. Still 4 1/2 years on extended warranty. Maybe next Stator will last more than 25k (Compensator clutch goes every 25k also).

Stator replaced twice now. I seem to recall that plug leaking at least once. 55k on '10 TG. Still 4 1/2 years on extended warranty. Maybe next Stator will last more than 25k (Compensator clutch goes every 25k also).

I know why the compensator is living a short life, I wish I could figure out why the Stator seal is taking a premature dump. When I got rid of my 2010 it had a bad compensator and the stator plug was starting to leak all at about 22,000 miles.

I will have to look at my compensator and decide if it needs replacing at around 7600 miles. Not sure why they are going bad...

Still got a few months yet before the replacement stator arrives..backordered till 2/12

I will have to look at my compensator and decide if it needs replacing at around 7600 miles. Not sure why they are going bad...

Still got a few months yet before the replacement stator arrives..backordered till 2/12

The biggest issue of the high failure rate is the design doesn't allow for good lubrication of its moving parts. They really messed up when they moved away from the style of compensator they were using with the pre 06 Dyna and 07 for the rest. The Compensator on my 06 Ultra has 35,000 miles on it and works like a champ, even with the 120.

My HD mechanic had one apart recently and i asked his opinion about why the compensators fail. He showed me all these heavy duty plates and then this really small thin one that you could see was bending. In other words, poor design. They take too many years to investigate problems and make fixes.

Wow between lube issues and plates bending..Is there a solution to the problem?

What is on the Tri Glide Now a Screaming Eagle Compensator??

Would a New style BDL compensator work Better??

Think i'll get out of this website.Every time i read something it scares the hell out of me.This thing breaking,that thing leaking.Unless you own a motorcycle repair shop i'm beginning to think you don't want a Harley.

Kinda reminds me of my old car kept blowning head gaskets..11 gaskets later it was time to dump the car..The warranty would fix the gaskets but they would not put in a better gasket that solves the problem.

But I dont plan on dumping the Trike tho..besides a few problems it still runs great..Yea the issues should not be happening but this site and others help if there are problems..

What I find also is there are other replacement parts out there that seem to be made in the USA..Which I find lasts longer and is a better product.

PLan on riding the TRIGLIDE until the engine is to tired to run then either have it rebuilt or slap in a fresh engine..

Think i'll get out of this website.Every time i read something it scares the hell out of me.This thing breaking,that thing leaking.Unless you own a motorcycle repair shop i'm beginning to think you don't want a Harley.
55k on TG and never had to be towed from road. For some reason, both times stator went was day after 8+ hr ride, when already at destination. And rode it to HD on battery.

Wow between lube issues and plates bending..Is there a solution to the problem?

What is on the Tri Glide Now a Screaming Eagle Compensator??

Would a New style BDL compensator work Better??

The Triglide comes with the Screamin Eagle compensator, for some reason the BDL doesn't seem to be catching on with folks. I know of a couple guys who have been working on a device that gets more lubrication where it should be. The majority of the compensators I've seen failed has been excessive wear on the ramps, one guy I know actually had a divot warn in the ramps.

The Triglide comes with the Screamin Eagle compensator, for some reason the BDL doesn't seem to be catching on with folks. I know of a couple guys who have been working on a device that gets more lubrication where it should be. The majority of the compensators I've seen failed has been excessive wear on the ramps, one guy I know actually had a divot warn in the ramps.
Does make you wonder why they changed the compensator in the first place...The older versions seem to last forever..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png