More veterans benefits taken away.

Just a little correction. It does not have to be combat connected, just service connected.
But I think that is what you mean?

Yes, the correct term is Service Connected. I said combat related, meaning there's no way they can weasel out of paying me a disability check. There are still many that were injured while in the service both overseas or stateside and didn't have a problem until after they were discharged. Sometimes these injuries would keep a Vet from holding down a full time job. These poor Vet's are still jumping through hoops trying to get some kind of compensation.
Yes, they do get full medical, but no cash benefits.
Their VA paper work was filed years ago. Each time it comes up for approval, it's always missing a page, a signature, information can't be verified, or lost completely and they have to start the whole process over again....sound familiar?

meredog said:
My issue with the above statement (and I always vote) is that the majority of canidates we get to choose from are part of the system already or they would not be "offered" to us

I dont beleive anyone can dispute that bit of wisdom!

If you look at the candidates from the Republican Primaries, and then look and who was chosen "RINO" Mitt Romney, the ONLY people to blame for the choice is the voters. Newt fought the government and won, Rick Perry's Texas is booming, and several other excellent choices were thumbed for the "establishment". You had FOOLS watching alphabet networks (ABC/CBS/NBC) thinking Diane Sawyer was "cheering" on Mitt for the good of the country when they were baiting the fools into putting an easy match against "that guy". :Trike1:

As far as veteran benefits; I certainly feel for the older guys but seeing the military interest in domestic drones and these domestic terrorist training drills in TX and other cities, along with stark evidence of FEMA concentration camps being built all over the country, and the intentional gov't buy-out of ammo suppliers I can't help but not give a crap about the imbeciles who are managing the brainwashing and fear-mongering our government is organizing.

There was a day when attacking your own was off limits.

"I hate say that many who bitch about this crap goverment are those who were to lazy to get off their a-- and vote ! nuff said."

My issue with the above statement (and I always vote) is that the majority of canidates we get to choose from are part of the system already or they would not be "offered" to us

Point is why did those folks get in office in the 1st place not to mention gettin right back in office after been proven to be dumber than a mud fence ?:Shrug: Now back to the subject the VA is now 279 days behind on veterans claims and as more of our brothers and sisters come home the longer the wait will be.

I am a vet and I do use the VA medical system. Frankly, I find it pretty good......and I have had a LOT of tests to prove it. I'm not retired, but I do know several vets who DID retire and are now losing a lot of their "Tri-Care" benefits.
We all know, that "it" rolls down hill. It starts at the top and the "low information voters" fell for the BS, so now we are all screwed.

Point is why did those folks get in office in the 1st place not to mention gettin right back in office after been proven to be dumber than a mud fence ?:Shrug: Now back to the subject the VA is now 279 days behind on veterans claims and as more of our brothers and sisters come home the longer the wait will be.

ThumbUp....HERE HERE...ThumbUp

I say we stop sending medical supplies, medicine and doctors to 3rd world countries (they hate us anyway) and concentrate on OUR CITIZENS first especially the ones that are sacrificing their lives.
Then whatever is left over we send to friendly countries first and then the rest of the world.
I'm getting sick and tired feeding and fixing the the world while our people are sick and hungry. :gah:

I recall that the VA changed the eligibility requirements during the Bush Administration. It used to be that all vets qualified. Now there is a means test.

BTW, before you get too upset about the VA under this administration not being able to handle all the disabled soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan, go back and look at the history of votes against funding the VA.

I was never promised free medical care for the rest of my life when I joined the Army. I was told by the recruiter that he could only guarantee that I would probably be sent to Vietnam. I am now rated at 100% permanent and totally disabled which is combat service related. I had to almost go bankrupt, go through numerous medical and psycological exams, navigate miles of government red tape, all of which took four years before I got any help at all. Now the VA takes very good care of me.

all of which took four years before I got any help at all.

That's really a shame.

Thank you for your service and I'm ashamed that we didn't treat you better.

I'm a vet myself ('68-'69, but service was in Belgium) but I didn't have to be one to know that we need to take better care of those who have served.

Sadly, this has been a recurring theme at least since Vietnam.

Just think of all the vets that could be taken care of with all the money we send to all the other countries every year - friend and enemy.
I think before we send one penny overseas, we take care of and feed OUR PEOPLE FIRST - military and civilian alike. What's left over - then we'll talk.

Start by electing politicians that want to cut spending instead of of taxing.

Start by electing politicians that want to cut spending instead of of taxing.

Unfortunately, what you get with the rest of that package isn't so great.

I'm all in favor of small government, but IMHO, that includes staying out of peoples' bedrooms and doctors' offices as well as motorcyclists' heads.

:)