looking for great honest advice on cooling my 13' tri-glide ultra

Jun 1, 2013
New Orleans, LA, USA
looking for great honest advice on cooling my 13' tri-glide ultra

Need to ask you guys for some serious advice on what type of "heat reduction system" for my 2013 tri-glide ultra classic. i am set on a dark theme so i'd prefer ceramic coating black. i also am impressed with the composite tail pipes from fuel moto. Arlen Ness and Super Trapp make headers that i like the best so far. The stage 1 air sucker seems like a popular choice for tZeva9380TuRu
he intake. now for the fuel controller or power commander. i'm ready to buy now. just need help putting the package togethter AND would really like to get the whole package from one site or shop. IF ANY OF YOU GUYS CAN HELP A BROTHER OUT, i'd be very greatful!!! :wave :Angel:ThumbUp4:

Re: looking for great honest advice on cooling my 13' tri-glide ultra

I would give Fuelmoto a call. They have some real nice package deals, great service and pretty fair prices.

ceramic coated headers does wonders and a good tune... TTS Mastertune is a nice tuner..

Need to ask you guys for some serious advice on what type of "heat reduction system" for my 2013 tri-glide ultra classic. i am set on a dark theme so i'd prefer ceramic coating black. i also am impressed with the composite tail pipes from fuel moto. Arlen Ness and Super Trapp make headers that i like the best so far. The stage 1 air sucker seems like a popular choice for tZeva9380TuRu
he intake. now for the fuel controller or power commander. i'm ready to buy now. just need help putting the package togethter AND would really like to get the whole package from one site or shop. IF ANY OF YOU GUYS CAN HELP A BROTHER OUT, i'd be very greatful!!! :wave :Angel:ThumbUp4:

How many different opinions are there about our government? That's how many opinions there are about heat management. We have some of the most knowledgeable folks in the field here. Just search heat management in this forum. Check out "The ABC's of Removing Rider Heat" in the sticky section, great read with a lot of answers.
Welcome to the forum Lil T pepper

Thanks for the advice... been doing a lot of reading on this site and getting great ideas and the thread you guided me to makes a lot of sense and easy to digest...

Have the same problem there was a post about removing the cat and pics of how he done it this is option I'm thinking about if it don't void the warranty .can't remember the members name it was a great post

On advice from Tech minded people here, I chose to go with the Stage 1 Kit from FullSac. Ceramic coated header pipe, TTS tuner, Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaner, 2.0 baffles I think is the kit. Not been sorry, just wondered what took me so long. Really helps with the heat (which is much needed in Phoenix :)) and gives the bike more pep. Before climbing out of the valley I would have the throttle wide open with no response, doesn't happen now! Very happy and satisfied, awesome people to work with!!!

Just FYI

Fullsac changed from the Arlen Ness to the S&S stage 1 filter... is a nice change. Still comes with the K&N lifetime filter.

I like the S&S back plate a little better as well

Looks or something else??

How many different opinions are there about our government? That's how many opinions there are about heat management. We have some of the most knowledgeable folks in the field here. Just search heat management in this forum. Check out "The ABC's of Removing Rider Heat" in the sticky section, great read with a lot of answers.
Welcome to the forum Lil T pepper

You can't go wrong by following that sticky. Welcome to the forum.

Just ordered the whole package for Stage 1 upgrade except went with Stage 2 header so i can upgrade Cam easily and not start from scratch. Also added Suspension Lift by Tgidestuff. Will share results as soon as installed put a few miles on it.

finally got the fulsac headers installed and the muffler baffle inserts, also added the TTS Mastertune, and S&S air cleaner. the install was a breeze considering i haven't really done much more than normal maint. in many years. i want to take it to the next level real soon... it helped with the heat and power take off. Many complements on the sound and look. i wrapped the non ceramic pipe and paint it all black. got it a O'Riley's the next time i have to pull the headers for something i'll wrap the whole pipe and share my experience. i have to thank the people at FullSac for giving some of the most honest advice i've gotten in a long time. Sadly our local harley dealers just jack up and it is for parts that should be offered before the bike roll outthe door. i also purhased the Ultra Cool fins and fan set up. not much luck with this install main part not in pakaging .. The folks a M&M cyles were very helpful and then the mud slinging as who made the mistake either M&M or Ultra Cool... all i know it wasn't me and i had to shell out another $29 to get the part the next day.. i think from the bashing i'd say Ultra was mostly at fault if not all at fault. i understood his reaasoning but it jsut didn't float in the real world. with all that said i'm very peasedwith the prod cooler. Next step is the Jims air fan. will install when i completely understand the operation. later this week i'm goig to try the vtune. just need to understand it a little more.pepperpepperpepperpepperpepper

I've been on here reading off & on about a lot of things with the Tri Glide. I'm just talking out loud. But I wonder if the Harley Trike's do run cooler with out the lowers are off the engine Guards ? And if the tour pak is removed also. Plus some I see have that TALL wind screen. Then I see people riding in the summer months with full leather's , full face helmets. tall ridin boots. Then get off their bikes and say WOW man that thing runs hot! Plus I see so much Chrome on some of these rides. Where is the heat suppose to go with all that Chrome covering everything?? I don't know. But it makes sense to me to cut down on the wind screen a bit. Take off them lowers ( in the heat of summer) Maybe the tour pak and get a trailer. Leave the leather's in the bags. Take off the full face helmet for 3/4. So you can feel the breeze. Take off the long sleeves shirts. My God people its a Motorcycle not a car :gah:. And stop the complains. Like I said a min ago. Just talking out loud :D I know I might catch Hell from some of you. But hey I said I was talking out loud :)

I've been on here reading off & on about a lot of things with the Tri Glide. I'm just talking out loud. But I wonder if the Harley Trike's do run cooler with out the lowers are off the engine Guards ? And if the tour pak is removed also. Plus some I see have that TALL wind screen. Then I see people riding in the summer months with full leather's , full face helmets. tall ridin boots. Then get off their bikes and say WOW man that thing runs hot! Plus I see so much Chrome on some of these rides. Where is the heat suppose to go with all that Chrome covering everything?? I don't know. But it makes sense to me to cut down on the wind screen a bit. Take off them lowers ( in the heat of summer) Maybe the tour pak and get a trailer. Leave the leather's in the bags. Take off the full face helmet for 3/4. So you can feel the breeze. Take off the long sleeves shirts. My God people its a Motorcycle not a car :gah:. And stop the complains. Like I said a min ago. Just talking out loud :D I know I might catch Hell from some of you. But hey I said I was talking out loud :)

Just a couple points here:
Long sleeve light colored shirts many times are cooler than the sun on the bare skin.
Many times leathers have vents that direct air to the inside to keep ya cool, Plus you can still have the protection if you happen to leave the bike unexpectedly like sliding down the pavement !!
Part of the chrome is heat shields to keep an air buffer between you & the hot pipes etc....
If you will take a look at the lowers they form a "V"shape that brings in air for cooling the engine...... That said if you take them off YOU will feel cooler on your legs & feet because more air hitting your legs directly & not cooling the engine.....
But if you have the air wings on the faring you can also direct more air on your legs & crotch.......
I do hope you aren't one of those that ride in thongs !! I wear boots most of my life.....
The tour pac is there for a reason, why buy it if you aren't going to use it ????
I choose to have the windshield tall enough as to provide some protection from flying debris, birds,big bugs... etc...
I use a modular helmet just for that purpose. Although while moving at speed, the vents work well with it closed.
Catch Hell..... NAH,,,,,, but just my opinion. You are free to do what suits you best.....
Rode Safe
Ride Often...ThumbUp

Ya know, just three days ago I pulled up to a stop light & a guy on his Wide Glide pulled up in the lane next to me. He said he really liked the Trike..... I had trouble keeping a straight face, He was in shorts & thongs. He was having trouble shifting with the thongs. ...... But I couldn't keep quiet when the thong slipped,,,, & he put his bare foot on the primary !!!!
It was only 98* out, but that primary must have been around 250*+.....
I left him LMAO !!!! For some reason he wouldn't come back by me on down the street...............
:busted:

Sloufoot: I respect everyone's right to wear what they want. Me Levis, boots sometimes tennis shoes, T shirt, and some times a 1/2 helmet. I don't wear a leather unless it gets below 55. Never wore a full face helmet. Never wear shorts or flip flops on anything! BUT! I have seen riders dressed like I said in all that when the temps are way above 80. I like a lot on here have rode since the early 80's. I have a ton of miles on 7 Harley's! I seen girls with thong's & boots ( which is eye candy for this old dude) I've seen guys in shorts and no shirt! Like I said I was just talking out loud. I ride to please myself and dress to make myself comfortable. If that what makes them comfortable so be it. I ride a street glide smallest wind screen, No tour pak like a million other ones just like it. I love the feel of the openness a Bike gives you. I've rode it weather from 109 In Phoenix. Too -4 in Michigan ! And I love it. if the wife needs a loaf of bread. I'd rather jump on my bike then the Cage. I'm glad you stopped in to voice your opinion Sloufoot. Opinions are like Nose's. Everyone has one. Lets not let our opinions keep us apart.ThumbUp

Ya know, just three days ago I pulled up to a stop light & a guy on his Wide Glide pulled up in the lane next to me. He said he really liked the Trike..... I had trouble keeping a straight face, He was in shorts & thongs. He was having trouble shifting with the thongs. ...... But I couldn't keep quiet when the thong slipped,,,, & he put his bare foot on the primary !!!!
It was only 98* out, but that primary must have been around 250*+.....
I left him LMAO !!!! For some reason he wouldn't come back by me on down the street...............
:busted:

Now thats some funny sh!t:laugh:, I would have loved to see that myself. If you spend enough time watching people you see some real interesting riding apparel.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammybo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammybo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png