Your opinion please.

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, Nv
I'm new to all this and I am thinking of buying a Lehman Tramp bult on a Suzuki Boulevard C50 for 18,000. I am 6'2" 250lbs and live in Nv where the average Hgwy speed is around 75 to 80mph. Would that be a good purchase?

Thank you for your time
Boomba

Welcome Boomba. Lehman makes a nice machine but at 6'2" and 250lbs I am afraid you'll find the C50 a bit underpowered for maintaining an average speed of 75-80 MPH. For roughly the same or slightly more money I would suggest a new or nearly new Honda VTX-1300R triked with either a MotorTrike or Champion conversion both of which are excellent. I have built dozens of these and have not had complaint one.

Bommba

Bazooka is a dealer and has tons of experience. I am seconding his recommendation. The C50 is to small for you.

Bump your purchase up to the Lehman Jackal. It's built off the Suzuki C90 and is much better for a person your size. How do I know? I'm around that size myself. :D

I ran into that same delema when I bought my trike. I was changing from a modified '04 Sportster (1200cc) and figured the extra weight and wind resistance of the trike rear end would be too much for the C50 Tramp. Decided to go with the 1500cc C90 and it was a good call. 12,000 miles later I'm still glad I made the move. Also, the Jackal was/is about $4000 less than a comparible Harley trike (Dyna) at the time and that helped the decision to go with the Jackal also. :yes:

I have the C50/Tramp - I don't think you'd be comfortable, in my opinion. It's a nice trike and I like it, but in retrospect I wish I'd gone with the C90. :yes:

800 cc is about the low limit for a trike . I would love to have one for local ridding I am 170# . As Lesli said she is a lot lighter and smaller than you are so she can get away with it. IMHO if you are over 200# the 50 is to small. Forget ever putting a passenger on or going up a very steep grade. A friend of mine about your size ( 210#) bought a used 50 in April and is already looking to trade up to a Wing. He can't take his wife for a ride even .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png