Its been a while!

Feb 25, 2013
casper,wy. usa
Just thought i would check in with fellow riders.
Todays high temp was -1 degrees and tonight its supposed to dip to -24 degrees so i am trying to stay inside as much as possible. I had to go out today and remove snow with my snowblower and found that it was really hard to breath.

My portable oxygen hose started freezing in my nose and built ice on the mustache, it gets a might painful when you catch the hose on something and it pulls your facial hair.
Good lord it was kinda like sticking your tongue on a cold piece of metal.
I sure wish i was financially able to be a snow bird!

The west and Wyoming is great in the summer but really stinks in the winter.

Yikes!!! :Crap:

Now I'm known for liking the cold weather. But what you're having out there is extreme!! Stay warm and protect your health!!

Hey Paul,

Sometimes it is just better to stay in and keep your health in tact. I always look forward to your posts.

Ray

The cold weather you describe kinda reminds me of many years ago when I lived in northern NY by the St Lawrence River. I will always remember waking up one morning with the local radio station telling us it was 44 below zero - Brrrrrr.

Recently I came home from work at 3 a.m. - the temps were mid teens & the wind blowing pretty good - not bad, but chilly for Jersey. Two of our "indoor only" cats came to meet me near the door. Obviously they don't speak english and I don't speak "cat", but I had to tell them anyway - "sure is a good day to be an indoor Kitty". :)

So - when it's as cold outside as you describe, be sure to tell yourself, "sure is a good day to be indoors, Paul". :D :laugh: Stay warm - God bless...

The cold weather you describe kinda reminds me of many years ago when I lived in northern NY by the St Lawrence River. I will always remember waking up one morning with the local radio station telling us it was 44 below zero - Brrrrrr.

Recently I came home from work at 3 a.m. - the temps were mid teens & the wind blowing pretty good - not bad, but chilly for Jersey. Two of our "indoor only" cats came to meet me near the door. Obviously they don't speak english and I don't speak "cat", but I had to tell them anyway - "sure is a good day to be an indoor Kitty". :)

So - when it's as cold outside as you describe, be sure to tell yourself, "sure is a good day to be indoors, Paul". :D :laugh: Stay warm - God bless...

Warren it's good to hear from you, I hope you and Barbra had a good riding season?

I come across one of your posts now and again. I had to brag on you the other day in a post.
I Dont recollect which one, but just had to let folks know that there are some of us that are still riding our vintage mounts and wouldn't trade them for what is offered in todays motorcycle selections.
They only have more technical crap to go wrong.

Its still damn cold here and i Dont see a let up for about the next week.

I am beginning to collect parts as i can afford them to re-build my old 80" evo motor. I have a cylinder gasket leaking and have decided that at 91,000 miles i might as well do the whole motor.
I could just replace the gaskets, but i am thinking of my daughter as my she will inherit my trike at some point.
(OK) I have the time and want to put some serious miles on it myself!
Keep us informed of how your doing and God bless you and yours.

Haven't posted for while busy with jobs around the house.

I had a fabulous summer on the trike and hope next year is better.

All the best for the new year and I hope you get your motor rebuild done in time for the spring.

Tom

So glad I don't have to deal with that! Been off for awhile because I can't get Trike Talk to load on my iPad. So I'm on a different device today. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! pepper

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png