Triking My Ultra

GreyDog,

This trike idea made me crazy for over a year, so don't feel you are alone.lol
I had a 2002 Ultra I loved, it was just they way I wanted it, then came the concept of 3 wheels. It had a 113 tractor motor, ran like a train. More money in it than anyone should do.

I wanted to trike it, but back and forth the mind went, made my self crazy, like I said for a year.

Anyway gave up the idea of triking my old 2002, traded it in and picked up a new 2009 Road Glide that the Lehman dealer here had triked out. Now will have to start over with the addons to make it mine, oh well.

Road it home yesterday, it is way kool, even though only a hundred miles.
You are going to love riding a trike.

I have been on 2 wheels 45 years and am a 62 year old GreyDog as well.

Mike

Thanx Barbara and Mike....and all the other great folks here!!! I think the biggest confidence booster I have found, as far as going ahead with the conversion, is the fact that each and every one of you is truly happy with your Trike whether it be off the floor or a kit. You have all helped me make an informed decision not only on the mechanical aspects but also the most important part....I'm confident I'll be pleased with the results and really enjoy riding it. My wife loves the Ultra on two wheels and isn't quite as thrilled as I am about the Trike. :mad: The good thing about it is she can't divorce me 'cause we aren't actually married!! Been living like we are married for 12 years so we might as well be. :yes: I'll be 65 this month and she's 67 and we both still love riding. I think the Trike will only enhance the total experience because, although I'm in pretty good health, I'm not quite as agile as I once was!!

Hey Neal, got a brother?:D

Betty, I guarantee you will love riding the trike...hey, you might even want to take it for a spin.

You are a spunky couple:yes:

Tmigala,
Nope no pictures yet still waiting on the lower fairings from Harley sux.
Will get pictures on soon, I love the thing in just a hundred miles it is fine ride.
I had to go over mountains and curves, alittle x-way just to get it home, fine way to be on a trike for the first time, and the wind was blowing 35mph as well.
As you can see GreyDog it is cake!

The wife said it was creepy after the first 500 feet, then she was fine, she has been riding behind me for over 30 years.

The 2009 Road Glide has running boards, will have lowers, reverse, and 5 degree trees, added cb, intercom and some other things to it as well.

Motor work in a couple of weeks, waiting on the new ThunderMax for the fly by wire bikes.

Mike

Oh forgot it is a Lehman conversion, and has a tour pack as well.

Hate the bars they will get changed when motor work is going on, and a new windshield as well.

And on and on, hell it is a Harley. lol
Mike

Mike now I really want to see pictures when you are done. I love Road Glides. Got one 3 years ago as a rebuild/sell project and fell in love with it. So when I started my 07 Police Road King project in Oct of 06 it progressed into a Road Glide then into a RG Trike last February.

My wife loves the Ultra on two wheels and isn't quite as thrilled as I am about the Trike.

I went through the same thing when I bought my Triglide. The wife kind of acted like I was buying a turd and warned me I wasn't going to sell my 06 Ultra. I think I won her over when we took a little 1,600 mile putt to Nashville and Sevrierville TN. She learned how much stuff we could pack and how comfortable the trike was on a long haul vs the 2 wheeler.

That looks a little uncomfortable for any long term riding. But hey..what the heck? It is already a-flame!!! and you'll never go hungry :D

Being a West Virginian and sort of a redneck, I'm considering the Bar-B-Que Option on my conversion. Couple more engine mods and I can fuel the whole shebang with propane!!!

Great idea!

I'm also glad you know when to capitalize Barb-B-Que. True Southerners know that it's a NOUN and not a verb.

That thing hangin' on the side can make Bar-B-Que:yes:, but it ain't one.:no:

I called Ben, my Dealer/Mechanic/Trike Builder, yesterday. He's putting my bike back together with the engine mods and will be finished Saturday. The Trike kit hasn't arrived so it looks like I'll be riding the Copperhead back home on two wheels. Raining and cold here so she will probably just sit in the garage until the kit arrives. If he has the space I'm going to ask him if he can keep it in the shop 'til the kit arrives.....no sense in bringing it home only to take it back next week in 40 miles of nasty weather.

Sorry about the delay greydog. The wait will be worth it. Besides you can ride a 3 wheeler in the snow if your careful.

I'll probably have to. I called the Champion folks yesterday afternoon and the ship date for my kit is November 5th. Supposed to be dry and 60 degrees Tuesday so I'll go pick my scooter up and and see how she runs with the Big Bore and cam installed!!

Had to provide transportation for family with car problems yesterday and today. Hope to get over to the Dealer tomorrow, weather permitting. Will probably just test ride it and leave it there until it's all done.

Edit: Just called the Dealer....The bike is back together and road tested...they said it runs GREAT!!! The Reverse is already installed too....now waiting on everything else!!!

Last edited:
The test ride was GREAT!!! VERY noticeable increase in power and overall performance. It made the bike run a little louder but I think I'll be pleased with the performance when the Trike kit is on it. I'll now have to get in the habit of using the compression releases and those little devils look like they'll get pretty hot being nestled in there next to the spark plugs. Maybe I'll steal Betty's thimble......:yes:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png