bad bearings 4th time

Nov 21, 2009
ocean county, NJ
well, it happened again. my trikes bearings went for the 4th time. i have 19,000 miles on the thing and they cant get it right. ive taken it to 3 different csc dealers to get it fixed and now a fourth. i am so f-ing pissed off. i think they should replace the whole kit. each tie they tell me well we got it right this time. from telling me the bearings were bad to the torque wasnt correct well wonder what it is this time csc? they have been very nice about sending the parts and not charging me well its under warranty anyway but i ust want my bike fixed the right way. something is causing the bearings to go bad. i mean 4 times in 19,000 miles come on. its a lemon but i love my bike and its my only transportation so i need my bike. im really fed up and all the while still have to make my payments every month. i know you all have problems im sorry thanks for letting me vent.

pissed off myth

Myth, I think it's time to go to the top dog of the company. Explain the situation and request that the whole rear end be replaced. Sounds like there may have been an alignment problem when the unit was assembled. Won't hurt to try.

Tell them you are on Trike Talk , the largest Trike Forum on the internet, with 20,000 members.

Myth, you have every right to request a new kit. Plus compensation for aggravation. Maybe just free shipping or an upgrade to something you really want. As said before, contact top Dog and see what he says. Might even mention Trike Talk Forum.

myth, I have two friends with CSC's that are also having problems.
Could you tell me where or which bearings are going bad.
One of the guys has over $1,000 invested in repairs and it's still not fixed.

I'm fairly sure myth's bearing issues are not in the HD portion of the trike, but in the CSC kit portion.

yeah believe it or not the harley part of my trike has never given me a problem. but i dont know how different the kitsare between the daytona kit for harley and the one for hondas

I'm fairly sure myth's bearing issues are not in the HD portion of the trike, but in the CSC kit portion.

I know his problem is with CSC. But from what I have read, HD kit and Honda kit is different. And the HD kit is very touchy to align properly. Maybe a trip to the factory will solve the problem. If the other 2 bikes having bearing problems are also HD. That narrows it down to one particular kit. Getting a lawyer involved will, or should get the factories attention. Tom :)

I didn't know that he was talking about a Harley/CSC kit.
I asumed it was a Goldwing/CSC kit.
My two buddies have the Goldwing/CSC kit so I don't think they have the same problem as mtyh.
They are thinking it might be the heim joint or joints.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png