Trinity/Yelvington Trikes

Jun 29, 2009
Cobble Hill, BC Canada
I purchased a Yelvington/Trinity Trike kit for my 2006 H.D. 1200 cc. Sportster. After several near tragic incidences while riding due to mechanical failure of the unit and countless dollars to repair, "beef up" and re-engineer the poor product I purchased, I have to call it quits. The differential sounds like a can of nickels being kicked around, the trike is not safe to ride and I have no warranty remaining with Trinity, now doing business as Yelvington Trikes.

At no time did I abuse the trike and the installation was done by certified Harley technicians. I hope no one else looking to trike their rides make the same mistake I made. Do your homework before buying a kit you'll regret. Now I'm starting over and saving my pennies for a Frankenstein differential or some other more reputable kit that won't spend more time in the repair shop than on the road. Let's see how long this post will stay here.

It is all true and I have the historic e-mails to illustrate the nightmare. David in Canada.

Well, that's the problem with doing your "research" ...you can't find any bad comments about a product...even if it is crap... (and apparently the moderators on this site don't like negativity either).

Sorry to hear about your bad experience/purchase. Hope you have better luck in the future.:gah:

well it sounds as if you guys look out for the membership ! Good job !

Has there been any "change" for the positive on how Yelvington trike kits are viewed?

Was looking to go the scooter/trike route down the road. Understand the Motor Trike

Breeze kit is new, but was looking for info on Yelvington. Would take thoughts on the

Breeze kit also for those that have it/have tried it. Thanks

Just curious, what components are used? Differential, axels, etc. I recall them showing the kit on a local bike show program a couple of years ago.

the rear axle ass'y looks like it was/is an in-house build, patterned after the Frankenstein rear.

the rest of the components (e.g. rear brake) are COTS, with the swing-arm mod being the main custom built piece.

the problems I had with my Yelvington/Trinity conversion were: schedule, and quality. my build was way late, and I could've lived with that, if not for the shoddy workmanship.

• welds were not neat
  • alignment of the chain was awful
  • poor placement of hardware

...if anyone is interested in specific details, email me privately

It seems after looking into the company, one partner sold out his interest to the other. Since the name change the designer is the same person new full owner. i wonder how much would really change. I refrain from any company that changes names. In a well run company the name is worth as much if not more in the assets. IMO.. ;)

Trike Kits

This issue concerned me when first considering a trike. Maybe I'm wrong, but the only two "factory" trikes I could find were Harley and Can-Am. I didn't like the feel of the Spyder and was concerned with their longevity, so I got the Tri-Glide.

Trinity/Yellivington trike set

This issue concerned me when first considering a trike. Maybe I'm wrong, but the only two "factory" trikes I could find were Harley and Can-Am. I didn't like the feel of the Spyder and was concerned with their longevity, so I got the Tri-Glide.

I have a 2009 Yelvington trike set on my Burgman 650. I like the bike but wow the first year nothing but issues. Bought it used from some lady in Michigan and the rear end was a accident waiting to happen.

The good news i had a guy who only worked on trikes he took the rear apart machined the steel parts with new parts lined up the chain which was a mess costs me some money but no more issues with the rear of the bike.

The problem i had was with the fenders. Since it had steel fenders they cracked twice on both sides. The second time I replaced them with fiberglass fenders now no issues. Put on 7000 miles with these fenders no issues at all. The problem straight axal no and independent suspension so there the bike fenders to get plenty of stress, steel will eventually crack. Fiberglass with rubber washers are far better.

Now the problem is the muffler. The weld broke right where it connects the bike at the rear. Had it welded one time lasted the summer now it cracked again. I have a guy who said it can fix it permanently so that is the next project.

Think if one wants a scooter like a Burgman or a Honda Silverwing and wants a three wheel trike Motor Bike is the way to go. I understand they stand behind their product. Trinity or the new company Yelvington did not and were a pain to deal with when they were in business.

I looked at a can am spyders but they have nothing but electronic issues on their bikes and service is very expensive. If I buy a another trike it will be a DCT Honda 2018-19-0r 20 Road Smith or CSC. Honda has a good reputation stands behind their products.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png