cruise control

I have spent $600 or more trying to find the trouble with my cruise control. Put new spring switch behind the steering wheel along with a lot of looking. The last teck I had look at it things there is a wire broke in the harness. Has any one else had this problem?

I have spent $600 or more trying to find the trouble with my cruise control. Put new spring switch behind the steering wheel along with a lot of looking. The last teck I had look at it things there is a wire broke in the harness. Has any one else had this problem?

call TBMS in troup Texas ask to speak to Richard

No promise but I think I might of had the problem you are having. I will try and remember to look tomorrow and see if I did and what the solution was. Just don't hold me to it I am very busy right now and I tend to forget somethings.

There's another guy that kept hitting 'set', and it wouldn't. Only problem was that he didn't have it 'ON'. True story. :laugh:

Stallion

here is what I had problems with my 2008 unit 406. The cruise did not work. I pulled the control unit under the hood and checked the voltages. In the connection harness 6 wires and the plug is positioned up and down. From the bottom of the plug 2 second wire up a violet/orange strip says that it should be hot from the 2 amp fuse in the fuse box through deactivation switch which is located under the dash in a ranger. I could not locate that switch on the Stallion and that wire was hot at the fuse but not at the control module. So I cut it and ran the wire to a hot source that came on with the ign switch. I used the right running light because I had rewired them to come on thru a relay when the ign switch was turned on. You will have to find your own source of power IF THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM YOU HAVE. To find out pull the plug. Turn on your IGN switch and see if you have 12 volts on that wire in the plug. If not then that deactivation switch is not working.

Gorilla

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png