Motor Trike Questions

Jun 2, 2016
Windham, NH
I have a 2016 Motor Trike Razor on a 2004 Gold Wing.

First, I seem to get exhaust "dirt" all over the back of the trike. I think it is because the exhaust does not clear the trunk. Does anyone else have that problem? Were you able to find exhaust extensions?

Second, The rear wheel fenders seem like thy could be dressed up with chrome trim. Motor Trike doesn't offer anything like this for the Razor. Has anyone found chrome trim strips?

Thank you.

I have a 2016 Motor Trike Razor on a 2004 Gold Wing.

First, I seem to get exhaust "dirt" all over the back of the trike. I think it is because the exhaust does no clear the trunk. Does anyone else have that problem? Were you able to find exhaust extensions?

Second, The rear wheel fenders seem like thy could be dressed up with chrome trim. Motor Trike doesn't offer anything like this for the Razor. Has anyone found chrome trim strips?

Thank you.

Here is a photo of the '06 Motor Trike I use to have. The exhaust turndowns (difficult to see well) should fix you soot issue. I used 1/2 in wide 3M peel and stick chrome trim over the wheel wells..

06 Rear Ramps.jpg

10-25-11 2.jpg

Last edited:
I had the same problem with the exhaust. Pulled the mufflers out and added 2" of pipe, on each side. The mufflers now stick out about and inch and half from the back of the body. No more exhaust soot.

I have a '12 w/Razor.

My tips extend about 2~3 inches past the end of the body... I didn't do anything to them.

Maybe they changed the adapters that widen the pipes, and made them extend longer (?)

For chrome around the wheel wells, I used 3/8 chrome car trim. Around the wheel well, to the rear, around rear, to the center. Has held up for three years, not very expensive, and easily curves and corners cuts with scissors. Can buy at auto parts stores.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png