Fender Protection

PSL5082

30+ Posts
Aug 18, 2016
RI
I have a small alcove-like area in my garage where I want to park / store my trike. The area is quite narrow on the sides, leaving only about 4 inch clearance from the trike fenders on both sides. The walls are plastered. For fender protection, I'd like to install some sort of padding material on the lower part of the side walls as well as the rear wall to cushion the fenders in case I get a little too close to the wall while backing in.

Any ideas as to what to use? Thanks in advance for any help.
-- Paul

Any foam insulation should work. Cut it to size and use Liquid Nails or something similar to keep it against the wall or screws with washers.

Any foam insulation should work. Cut it to size and use Liquid Nails or something similar to keep it against the wall or screws with washers.

Great idea and thank you. I'll probably try this. Home Depot has a decent selection of the foam boards reasonably priced. I had thought of carpet padding, but this would be cheaper and perhaps better.

2 - 4x4's on the floor next to each wall, to guide you into the slot :Shrug: 45 the front extentions.

Good idea. I might not have enough room for 4x4s. I'll have to measure and double check. Thanks for the suggestion.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png