Fuel Mileage GL1800

My thoughts as well, those rear fenders are like sails, there is nothing aerodynamic about these things. I always think, 36 is good based on the design of the thing. Seems the design engineers could curve the fenders around the tire to make them a little more aerodynamic, but what do I know?

Brethern,

Heres my take on gas mileage for motorcycles,be it 2 wheels or 3 after 45 yrs of riding.

Scooters are a pleasure & they cannot be measured by what kind of gas mileage they deliver

I look at my bikes & think its like owning a sports car (corvette,porsch, thunderbird (55-57) or Jaguar

If I'm buying a Kia,I'd be concerned about Mileage,otherwise I stop & fill the tank every 100 miles max,I get off the bike,maybe get a cold beverage,stretch my legs,shoot the bull,etc

That's my take on this thread

;) ;)

I look at my bikes & think its like owning a sports car (corvette,porsch, thunderbird (55-57) or Jaguar

;) ;)

To me a GL1800 is very much like an F150 pickup. On any given week, an F150 pu may carry 1 driver to and from work, then on the weekend have a camper put in it's bed, hitched up to a 21' boat, and be loaded with 6 kids and all their other toys. A GL1800 is similar. It can carry a single rider to and from work, or carry 2 very overweight people pulling a 650lb camp trailer. Some do all that after being converted into a trike.

Like an F150 pu, a GL1800 is very versatile.

You are right_on

Brethern,

Heres my take on gas mileage for motorcycles,be it 2 wheels or 3 after 45 yrs of riding.

Scooters are a pleasure & they cannot be measured by what kind of gas mileage they deliver

If I'm buying a Kia,I'd be concerned about Mileage,otherwise I stop & fill the tank every 100 miles max,I get off the bike,maybe get a cold beverage,stretch my legs,shoot the bull,etc

;) ;)

Well you are right on the money if you have to be checking your mileage you are not enjoying the fun you should be having.:):pepper::gah: BIG DENNY

Riding from Jacksonville south to The Villages with a strong wind from the South today. Ran 65 MPH. Worse mileage I ever got. 31.5 per gallon. Ugh

Maybe a reality check is needed.

Just so everyone is on the same page here, lets not forget that from 2001-2009, GL1800 ODMs had an error factor of about 10%. Therefore, comparing MPG from year to year can be like comparing apples and monkeys, especially when we compare year to year and trike to trike.

Also, the 2001-03's were known to get less MPG then the newer ones ... their ECM had different programming.

Because of a class action suite on the automotive side, the ODMs from 2010+ are very accurate.

Greg, thank you for clearifying this for me as when I drove my 02 wing and now my 10 wing I thought that my bike was off compearing it to my GPS speed..Now I know why!! thanks

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png