average age

Mar 7, 2017
Bournville, OH, USA
I looked at the calendar today and noticed the age of most rider on this web site are above 60. when I first came on here I thought I might be one of the old timers, but now I feel like one of the kids, so many of us grey beards have switched to trikes, I never in my life as a biker thought I would be riding on 3 wheels, then to find out if I want to continue to ride I had to switch over. I guess one of the best parts is I'm not alone out here, seeing more and more three wheeled MC's on road everyday. that make it easier for me to accept I went and got old but I can still be out there having fun with other in my age group, lets face it! I can keep up with the younger crowd any more, they want to party I want to take a nap, they talk about how they slept like a log I think how I didn't get much sleep, I always wake up right about 4am does not matter what time I go to sleep, ain't life great, I ready for a nice long ride

Hank

I looked at the calendar today and noticed the age of most rider on this web site are above 60. when I first came on here I thought I might be one of the old timers, but now I feel like one of the kids, so many of us grey beards have switched to trikes, I never in my life as a biker thought I would be riding on 3 wheels, then to find out if I want to continue to ride I had to switch over. I guess one of the best parts is I'm not alone out here, seeing more and more three wheeled MC's on road everyday. that make it easier for me to accept I went and got old but I can still be out there having fun with other in my age group, lets face it! I can keep up with the younger crowd any more, they want to party I want to take a nap, they talk about how they slept like a log I think how I didn't get much sleep, I always wake up right about 4am does not matter what time I go to sleep, ain't life great, I ready for a nice long ride

Hank

You said it well....at 73 in two weeks I feel blessed that Im still riding, mostly on the trike but still able to fire up the 2-wheeler when I want! LIFE IS GOOD!

:party:

I guess I'm a baby at 52. Lol!! I may be a minority in that I ride a trike by choice. Not only are they safer for multiple reasons, but I have more fun on 3 wheels.

I guess I'm a baby at 52. Lol!! I may be a minority in that I ride a trike by choice. Not only are they safer for multiple reasons, but I have more fun on 3 wheels.

Perhaps the minority is bigger than you think... I too ride a trike by choice... had 2 wheels for a long time, but now the wife and I enjoy the comfort and safety the trike offers. It's a different ride but great fun all the same!!!

I didn't know I was on a forum with a bunch of kids. 76 and chose to go trike 5 years ago, one of the best things I have done. Darlene and I ride to all gatherings the only time the gl1500se gets on a trailer is when its broke and that has only been 2 time not bad for a motorcycle 17 years old. you'll have a good day

I don't believe theres such a thing as Average Age' Your only as old as you feel...

I just turned 50 this April... And i don't feel a day over 72...:xzqxz: As a matter of fact i still have some underwear thats older than 50....:laugh:...And before someone asks, Yes I do alternate them Monthly.....Label inside one month, Label outside the next...:cxtv:

My wife and I have only been riding since 1996 when we bought a 1994 GL1500 Aspencade. I always said I would just quit riding and not go to a trike when I got too old to handle the Wing. We took our '05 Gold Wing to Las Vegas and spent the winter there. I had decided that this would be my last year to ride and I was going to park the bike.

One day in Vegas I was reading on all the forums about trips everyone had planned. I told my wife that it's a lot easier to say you are quitting than it is to quit. We came home the first week of April and on April 19th we picked up our 2012 Wing with a new Road Smith conversion from KD Cycles in Altoona, AL.

So at 78 years old I'm still out there enjoying our rides and trips.

Willie

I didn't know I was on a forum with a bunch of kids. 76 and chose to go trike 5 years ago, one of the best things I have done. Darlene and I ride to all gatherings the only time the gl1500se gets on a trailer is when its broke and that has only been 2 time not bad for a motorcycle 17 years old. you'll have a good day

I sure am glad you are on here too, us kids do need you old duffers to guide us. :clapping:

Your friends, Rev Ray and Georgia

First year of triking, at the ripe ole age of 66 years old.............:gah:

I'm actually finding out now that I'm getting used to the three wheel, that i actually enjoy, riding even better........... o' also all the looks from everybody in the cars pointing...........

It's just a number....

Started riding motorcycles in 1978. Took a l-o-n-g break from riding after a drunk driver took off my right leg. When I retired, I decided to do what I wanted to do, so began riding on three wheels and really enjoying it. Now 64 and have been riding trikes for only 3 years. I now realize this statement is true: "You don't quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding."

I bought my trike March this year on my 67th birthday. Living in a highly populated area I rarely ride in the city, but prefer going somewhere. Prior to buying the trike, over the past few years a couple of medical issues, weight loss and just generally getting weaker as I age the two wheel touring bike was getting a bit intimidating and heavy. Weighing 150lbs, it wasn't easy maneuvering a 600 lb bike with 150 lbs of gear on it, whether at slow speed or moving it while off the bike. Now I don't have to worry about such things as weight, the slope of the ground where I get gas or where I'm parking which was always a problem for me. My last road trip on the touring bike was July 2015, so I just recently sold it. I've kept my smaller bikes for riding on two, but the trike has given me the confidence to hit the road again. Since March I've done about 3,000 miles on the trike with 1 road trip, and several hundred miles on other smaller outings. Camped 14 of 16 days on the 1st road trip, and really enjoying being on the road again. I don't have near the apprehension taking off for 2 weeks on the trike like I did on the touring bike. So it's been a really good move for me. I'm still straddling a seat, have my hands on a handlebar, and have wind in my face. Plus I can pull a trailer for gear, stuff, food and beverage. It's all good.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png