CB kit from Sierra Electronics

if you are getting the J&M I would mount it just to the left of the steering wheel, much easier to hit the talk button and see the display. I had bought the one I have for my FJR1300 and just moved it to the Stallion.
works as good as any CB I have ever had.
if you have installed any thing electrical such as lights etc you should have no problems installing it.

My J&M is mounted on the left side of the steering wheel and it is hard to see regardless of what position I put the steering wheel. As far as the function goes, it works well and I have it set up for the external speakers or a flip of a switch for the headset. This also enables me to listen to my GPS through the headset as well because at 60-70 mph you can't hear the GPS unless it is in the headset.

just watch the connections to the lower cords, you can break them very easy. Everything else worked good. make sure you have your connections taked or shrinkwrapped before you put everything back together, and it is hidden below body parts. antenna wires must be held tight to trunk top or hiodden to keep from being pulled out when u stuff stuff in trunk. radio wires are a bit tough because they are jammed in a small space. you need tools to remove radio from slide, they came with your trike with manual.

Good luck, i think i have a good post explaining this.

After installing my unit (Sierra's/J&B designed for Stallion), I was disappointed that I was unable to turn off the external speakers, so that the audio would go through my headsets only. I was so used to that on my Goldwing. Finally found a switch that would do the trick. Happy camper once again!

I hooked my helmet speakers to the radio to the front speaker spot.
If you don't want the rear speakers on go the the radio and turn them off and the front speakers on, very easy to do.

After installing my unit (Sierra's/J&B designed for Stallion), I was disappointed that I was unable to turn off the external speakers, so that the audio would go through my headsets only. I was so used to that on my Goldwing. Finally found a switch that would do the trick. Happy camper once again!

Dean,
On your Radio all you have to do is go to "FAD" turn your FRONT speaker up to 10 and it will shutoff the External speakers on the Stallion.

Joe

To those of you that ordered the J & M CB kit through Sierra Electronic for your Stallion, what type of a (no ground plane) antenna do they provide with the kit? Is it this one, referring to this link: Products

Daydreamer

That looks like the one I got from them. BTW, I also have two sets of HiFi helmet headsets if you are interested, and I think I may even have a lower cord. ONe set is for a fullfaced helmet, the other is mounted on an xs scorpin x-100 half helmet with drop down face sheild.

That looks like the one I got from them. BTW, I also have two sets of HiFi helmet headsets if you are interested, and I think I may even have a lower cord. ONe set is for a fullfaced helmet, the other is mounted on an xs scorpin x-100 half helmet with drop down face sheild.

Mattel,

Thanks for your reply as well as your's, Ted. I may be interested in the headset that you used for the Scorpion 1/2 helmet if it's for their EXO-100 model and if it's a J&M with a HO (high output) mike. Also the lower cord if it's what's recommended for the headset/CB combination. Would you know the the numbers of the headset? Elite or their Performance series? Thanks again...

Daydreamer

Pmar6004: If you haven't already got the "not ground plane" antenna, I'd advise against it based on my experience with that exact one on my Burgman scooter. I couln't transmit/receive more than a 100 feet. Called Seirra and owner/mngr wanted to know who sold it to me; said outright it was a POS! Offered my money back. I went to local CB shop after putting on a metal mount that attached to bike frame and he put on a $14 3 ft antenna and now I get fantastic reception/transmission. Don't know if its poss to find a metal spot on the TB for a mount but I'd sure try.

Pmar6004: If you haven't already got the "not ground plane" antenna, I'd advise against it based on my experience with that exact one on my Burgman scooter. I couln't transmit/receive more than a 100 feet. Called Seirra and owner/mngr wanted to know who sold it to me; said outright it was a POS! Offered my money back. I went to local CB shop after putting on a metal mount that attached to bike frame and he put on a $14 3 ft antenna and now I get fantastic reception/transmission. Don't know if its poss to find a metal spot on the TB for a mount but I'd sure try.

THIS ^^^^ on the Stallion you have to build a ground plane, just connect to some wire and put 5 to 10 loops (laps) under the rug in the trunk, and tie to the ground on the Ant mount. This works 100% better than the non ground plane anntena, which is so dependant on wire lenght and other interferences.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png