Riders Foot Pegs

Jun 2, 2016
Windham, NH
My Gold Wing Motor Trike conversion has weigh bearing Aqua Shields (running boards). I am considering removing the riders pegs and just keep my feet on the Aqua Shields. I think it will be more comfortable.

I think the brake side will be OK as is but I am not sure about the shift side. Currently I have a Rattle Bars heal toe shifter which I like and would prefer to keep the heal toe method of shifting. Does anyone have experience with this or any words of wisdom?

My Gold Wing Motor Trike conversion has weigh bearing Aqua Shields (running boards). I am considering removing the riders pegs and just keep my feet on the Aqua Shields. I think it will be more comfortable.

I think the brake side will be OK as is but I am not sure about the shift side. Currently I have a Rattle Bars heal toe shifter which I like and would prefer to keep the heal toe method of shifting. Does anyone have experience with this or any words of wisdom?

Can't say how the heel/toe shifter will work Don but I can tell you getting the rider pegs out of the way so you can rest your feet on the Aqua Shields it COMFORTABLE.. :):) That is one of the first things I did back in 2010 when I converted my '06 to a Motor Trike. Shifting (OEM) and braking took a little thought for a few days but quickly became second nature. When I sold the '06 and bought my 2015, the OEM rider pegs from the new Wing went on the '06 and my flip ups went on the new trike. :D

I did not totally remove my pegs. Instead I made mounts that let me flip them up vertical allowning my feet to rest direcly on the Aqua Shields. My old knees sure were a LOT happier!!! I still need the pegs to get on and off the trike but flip them up soon as my butt hits the saddle. Here are a couple photos for you to consider... :xszpv: :xszpv:

Left Side Down.jpg

Left Side UP.jpg

Can't say how the heel/toe shifter will work Don but I can tell you getting the rider pegs out of the way so you can rest your feet on the Aqua Shields it COMFORTABLE.. :):) That is one of the first things I did back in 2010 when I converted my '06 to a Motor Trike. Shifting (OEM) and braking took a little thought for a few days but quickly became second nature. When I sold the '06 and bought my 2015, the OEM rider pegs from the new Wing went on the '06 and my flip ups went on the new trike. :D

I did not totally remove my pegs. Instead I made mounts that let me flip them up vertical allowning my feet to rest direcly on the Aqua Shields. My old knees sure were a LOT happier!!! I still need the pegs to get on and off the trike but flip them up soon as my butt hits the saddle. Here are a couple photos for you to consider... :xszpv: :xszpv:

View attachment 46644

View attachment 46643

Jerry you only use the pegs to get on and off the trike? Did you make the brackets for the pegs?

Yes and Yes.... :)

The OEM positon is just too high and too far back for me to use while going down the road.

If you'd like to see/read what I did, sent me a PM with your email address and I'll send you more info. It's not difficult if you have a welder or know someone that will do it for you. Probably the best modification that have done to my trikes.. :xszpv: :xszpv:

trike pegs

Yes and Yes.... :)

The OEM positon is just too high and too far back for me to use while going down the road.

If you'd like to see/read what I did, sent me a PM with your email address and I'll send you more info. It's not difficult if you have a welder or know someone that will do it for you. Probably the best modification that have done to my trikes.. :xszpv: :xszpv:

could u email me how u made these

could u email me how u made these

Jim we are in a situation right now. The private message function is broken and posting emails and phone numbers is forbidden so I have no way to give/get information to/from you. When the PM function is restored send me you email address and I'll be glad to send with I did...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png