Avon Velvet Air cushion grips for Harleys

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
The other ergonomic item that popped up on my trip from CA back to Missouri was the stock Harley grips.

This is a individual thing, but I liked the OEM grips for a few hours, but after a 400 mile day, they were letting a mild buzz through the grips.

I have always used the Kuryakyn grips & liked them, but after researching replacement grips, this pair rose to the top for quality & price.

Avon Velvet Air Cushion Smooth Grips For Harley. For newer models, you need the fly-by wire model & I chose anodized black & the difference is truly amazing for me. On the Freewheeler, even after extended saddle time, you feel no buzz, tingling or anything bad through the grips. Nothing but pure comfort.

Revzilla also has an excellent video on changing grips, both cable & fly-by wire.

Here are before and after picks:

20170802_162151.jpg

20170802_164031.jpg

Nice grips

I change mineto the nostalic bicycle type

They are bigger in diameter and softer rubber

The Drag Specialties ones are similar to HD ones @ half the cost

The TBW grips are easier to install than cable grips IMO

Reactions: MDO
Nice grips

I change mineto the nostalic bicycle type

They are bigger in diameter and softer rubber

The Drag Specialties ones are similar to HD ones @ half the cost

The TBW grips are easier to install than cable grips IMO

I agree with you. I had only changed cable styles & thought the TBW were much easier. I took my time & was done in 15-20 minutes.

My only snag was I was trying to save the stock grips & had a little trouble getting the left side off. I finally sprayed some WD-40 inside it and that loosened the adhesive up. I always new that red tube would come in handy.;)

I agree with you. I had only changed cable styles & thought the TBW were much easier. I took my time & was done in 15-20 minutes.

My only snag was I was trying to save the stock grips & had a little trouble getting the left side off. I finally sprayed some WD-40 inside it and that loosened the adhesive up. I always new that red tube would come in handy.;)

Yup

I have saved my last 3 sets

I dunno why;)

In the old days we put the LS on with a bit of hair spray, it made getting em off a bit easier

They sound like really great grips according to the video on Revzilla

What sold me was the price. $54 shipped. $25 less than the Kuryakyn's I always used.

Avon makes a great product. I like companies that do 1 thing & do it well.

They are the most comfortable grips I've ever used. They do make a grip that looks similar, but has more texture on the inserts. That model doesn't have the word velvet in the name. I also believe you can get different ends for them, like a throttle assist.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png