A Little Short

frostbite51

750+ Posts
Jul 27, 2015
Dickinson
Got my SS statement today about next year's checks. That 2% pay raise didn't look right, so I dug out the calculator. My 2% is actually 1.56%:mad:. It's about a tank of gas for the dyna difference. And I was already paying full amount for Medicare, so there was no adjustment there.

I was looking at my bills for this year. My gas / electric was up 14%, my water bill was up 3%, and my insurances were up 7%. I'm glad the government thinks I can reduce these to 2% so I can be in line with what they think inflation is. I guess I know how the tax bill is getting paid for now...

Got my SS statement today about next year's checks. That 2% pay raise didn't look right, so I dug out the calculator. My 2% is actually 1.56%:mad:. It's about a tank of gas for the dyna difference. And I was already paying full amount for Medicare, so there was no adjustment there.

I was looking at my bills for this year. My gas / electric was up 14%, my water bill was up 3%, and my insurances were up 7%. I'm glad the government thinks I can reduce these to 2% so I can be in line with what they think inflation is. I guess I know how the tax bill is getting paid for now...

Chickens are going to come home to roost. Only the very wealthy and the large corporations will make out. If it passes, I will wager on Trump being a one term president. Just like Jimmy Carter.

If they gave everyone a true cost of living SS increase ,Then' That raise will cause more inflation, So next year they would have to raise the payments again to meet the inflation rise because last years raise''Raised ''inflation...., So before you know it, We would have to carry our money in wheel barrels just to pay for a loaf of bread because of the increases in SS payments which in turn will increase inflation.....So you see the Government is only looking out for our welfare...;)

This is just as sad as how they selectively decide who and what the medicare will pay

I have xcelent coverage thru my wife from the Mayo Clinic

Think I am going to drop the Medicare

They can give it 2 someone who really needs it

I have been on disability for 4 years now, I sure wish I could have worked longer

If they gave everyone a true cost of living SS increase ,Then' That raise will cause more inflation, So next year they would have to raise the payments again to meet the inflation rise because last years raise''Raised ''inflation...., So before you know it, We would have to carry our money in wheel barrels just to pay for a loaf of bread because of the increases in SS payments which in turn will increase inflation.....So you see the Government is only looking out for our welfare...;)

I sure hope noone on the hill reads your post. we're really screwed if they do.

I sure hope noone on the hill reads your post. we're really screwed if they do.

You'er kidding right?.....They don't take the time to even read the Bills that they pass, Read my post no way, Besides if they did they take the time to read them they might learn a thing or two...And that might be Dangerous...:xzqxz:.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png