New Enclosed Trailer for Tri-Glide now to decide on a chock

hardwickbv

1500+ Posts
Mar 5, 2017
Mitchell, Indiana, USA
Picked up a new Interstate 6X10 trailer with a V nose.

Mostly for taking it to the dealer when needed to. will also use it to haul my ATV on long distance hunts.

May even set it up with AC electricity and store the trike in it in the winter as I don't have a garage.

Trailer Small.JPG

It has E TraK installed on the floor along the walls but that is about it for tie downs.

Trying to decide on a chock for the front wheel but there are so many options.

What are your thoughts, pictures would be helpful.

Thanks

Bob

Here is the style I find works best for my Goldwing. I got mine from Northern Tool but there are a number of different suppliers that have this type. I see them priced from 39.95 to 68.95.

571648_700x700.jpg

I have had the ones from Harbor Freight and they look very similar to the one sold by Northern Tool.On the Harley you have to be careful that the part that flips up does not hit the bottom of the fender,I ended up taking an inch out of it for extra clearance.Other than that it worked great.

Years past when I was on 2 wheels I only had Condor chocks. But with the Trike I certainly don't need a chock to hold the bike up straight, just need one to keep the front tire straight.

I recently bought a $45 simple chock from Tropic Trailer and mounted it in the V nose of my 24' trailer. Harbor Freight had about the same thing for $12.00 but it was too small for a 5.5" front tire.

Also ..... Tie down rails for the floor and "over the tire wheel straps" for the rear .... as I would not trust the welded frame loops for the long haul. Remember to put in towing mode to prevent the security system from draining the battery. ++++ for the Condor wheel chock!

Bob :Santa:

I use a home-made wooden chock for the front wheel, mostly to position the trike in the same spot each time, and I use this to hold the trike.

http://www.turnoverball.com/products/biker-bar/biker-bar-product

I'm sold on the biker bar. It lets the trailer suspension do all the work. The trike does not bounce inside the trailer. I use a couple straps in the back, through the loops on the axle, and a strap through a towel in the front wheel, but only for peace of mind. Since the biker bar keeps the tires against the floor, the ass end of trike does not move side to side.

As for the security system, I heard that if you leave a key fob in the tour pack the system won't keep flashing the lights because it sees the fob. True?

That's what I do and I've never had a low battery.

That is a good choice, nice looking chock. I have not used a clam/locking chock for my trike since I got it and have never had an issue. We were towing about 5,000 miles a year, now we are towing full time behind motor home and probably between 10,000 and 15,000 miles per year.

I ratchet to my open chock, cross two more ratchet straps from the rear OEM axle loops, and then ratchet down from each passenger floor board mount. Trike never moves and if I would break one of my ratchet straps it still isn't going anywhere.

Also, I have tried leaving both fobs on the bike and I still noticed the signals flashing once and awhile. IMHO the only sure way to keep the alarm from activating 100% is to go through the proper sequence and put it in tow mode.

I have a floor mount chock in the toy hauler. Fits flush when down and then flips up when needed. I sure like it since that is in the middle of the floor and no stumbling over it. I will take a pic and put on this post. Jim

As I said & others also, I don't use the clam part. I did on my 2 wheelers but don't think it is needed with a trike as long as you strap the front wheel pulling forward. For me, pulling the trike back out of the clam part would be too hard to do and I think it would put a lot of strain on the reverse motor to use that to get back out of the clam.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png