changing 32 tooth front spocket to 30

I ride a 2010 TG and would like to change the front drive sprocket from the standard 32 tooth sprocket to 30 tooth. Dealer says it involves a four hour labor charge, plus the sprocket. Will the drive belt also have to be replaced.
flc.

Yep..!! But there is a cheaper and easier alternative though. Change the number of teeth on your compensating sprocket instead. You can drop from 24 tooth to 22 tooth and get pretty much the same change in acceleration and all you have to do there is drain your primary oil and replace the compensating sprocket and the primary chain. LOT less labor intensive..!! And easier to change back if you are not happy with the results..!! Cheers, Sideshow Bob

I ride a 2010 TG and would like to change the front drive sprocket from the standard 32 tooth sprocket to 30 tooth. Dealer says it involves a four hour labor charge, plus the sprocket. Will the drive belt also have to be replaced.
flc.

Just finished changing the front sprocket on a 2009 and 2010 TG. The drive belt does not need to be replaced. There is enough adjustment for the job. If the dealer will do it for 4 hours labor jump on it. Please remember your speedometer will be off by approx. 5 MPH unless you have the TTS to make the correction.

I have a 2007 Street Glide that when I had a 30 tooth Baker sprocket installed needed a shorter/smaller belt, however, now that I'm having a CSC Conversion kit installed there is enough adjust without the smaller drive belt. Baker also sells a compensator product to adjust your speedometer. I also had the bike re-tuned with the 30 tooth sprocket installed. From the last post, Maybe the TTS adjusts the tuning also?

I have a 2007 Street Glide that when I had a 30 tooth Baker sprocket installed needed a shorter/smaller belt, however, now that I'm having a CSC Conversion kit installed there is enough adjust without the smaller drive belt. Baker also sells a compensator product to adjust your speedometer. I also had the bike re-tuned with the 30 tooth sprocket installed. From the last post, Maybe the TTS adjusts the tuning also?

The TTS is a tuner like the SEST only it does alot more.

flc.
Want the same done to my 2010, what dealer? Not that far from I'll.

If I re-call correctly, i think it was about 400.00 for the Baker 30 tooth/installation and 3 or 4 hours of tuning on the dyno. You might say I wanted it.

If I re-call correctly, i think it was about 400.00 for the Baker 30 tooth/installation and 3 or 4 hours of tuning on the dyno. You might say I wanted it.

That was a great deal if it included parts because the Baker sprocket is well over $100 vs the HD which can be had around $54 from a 20% off dealer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png