Has Everyone Changed Their Pin # From The Factory Setting.

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
We had 58 degrees Wed. & I got a short ride in to 1 of my favorite local biker joints for a burger & my Freewheeler drew some attention, as they are still pretty new.

1 person brought up the pin number the newer bikes have & I asked if everyone had changed their #, as the factory uses the same 1 quite often & 1 guy said yes & 2 others had a blank stare. They were going to get their manuals out when they got home.

So, has everyone reset the factory pin number?

That is why I never lock my forks. If I loose the key/fob, I can start the bike with the pin, but if the forks are locked, you're screwed!

We had 58 degrees Wed. & I got a short ride in to 1 of my favorite local biker joints for a burger & my Freewheeler drew some attention, as they are still pretty new.

1 person brought up the pin number the newer bikes have & I asked if everyone had changed their #, as the factory uses the same 1 quite often & 1 guy said yes & 2 others had a blank stare. They were going to get their manuals out when they got home.

So, has everyone reset the factory pin number?

I reset mine......From the factory on both my Tri's [11 and now 17] the number was set at all 1's..

Changed mine as soon as I got home from buying it. Takes 5 minutes to change it. Another thought is: if your manual is in the trunk and you have the trunk locked and can't remember how to do the PIN then you are screwed again if you loose the fob. Good idea to write down the instructions on how to use the PIN feature and carry in your wallet.

Sunman

Changed mine when purchased .... I made a copy of the punch out card in the back of the owner's manual to put in my wallet .... has instructions and the code number I use.

Bob :Dorag:

I used the wallet cards in the owners manual also. after changing the pin . I did not write it down though.

Around here , all the bikes come with a 3-1-3-1-3 pin code from the factory. I just figured that was the standard factory setting.

When I told this guy over a burger I could start 1/2 the newer bikes I come across, he about had a heart attack.:confused:

I carry the wallet card from the manual, but I didn't write my pin on it. If someone steals my wallet I don't want them stealing my trike also...

Last 3 bikes I've had with security I've set the pin to my zip code.......easy for an old guy to remember.

8~\o

Many dealers change the PIN during their set-up . Check before you take delivery. This keeps the possibility of theft at a minimum. You know, if they all came from the factory with the same PIN, well, you know......

I changed mine the first week we took delivery, can't remember what it was set to from the factory though.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png