New member thinking of trke kit on a 93 Harley FLHS

Feb 20, 2018
Petaluma, CA, USA
Hello,

I have a 93 Harley FLHS and thinking of a trike conversion.

The bike is getting difficult to move around and have to much money in it to sell it. In the last 2 year I did the motor top end, new stater, rectifier etc, rebuilt the transmission (counter shaft bearing came apart), put on a new rear belt and pulleys, Progressive 944 (with extra set of longer stock springs) rear shocks and front fork mono springs installed. It's basically an old new bike now.

Was thinking of a Champion kit with straight axle, they are the only ones I found for this old of bike. Plus the kit is suppose to come with all needed parts including wheels and tires.

Will also be needing a reverse, not sure what one is best.

Was also suggested that a EZ stear kit (triple trees) be put on, but may not be necessary.

I am trying to do this build as cost effective as possible, but still have a good reliable trike for touring.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Dale! Just wanted to say we’re glad you found TrikeTalk and joined up. You’ll get lots of info here and the members are top notch.

Dale, Welcome to Trike talk Forum.

A Champion straight axle kit would be a sturdy conversion.

I don't know that a Reverse Gear would be as important to me as an E-Z Steer.

An E-Z Steer 5 degree will make it enjoyable to ride, without the E-Z Steer it would be a brute on anything other than the Interstate.

Reverse, on the other hand is only used .009% of the time and if you can touch the ground while seated, you really don't need it.

You don't have it now on your two wheeler, do you ?

Let GRAVITY be your friend !!!:D

An E-Z Steer 5 degree will make it enjoyable to ride, without the E-Z Steer it would be a brute on anything other than the Interstate.

Reverse, on the other hand is only used .009% of the time and if you can touch the ground while seated, you really don't need it.

There you have it from the “MANN”. :clapping:

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

i would recommend the rake kit, and I'd really recommend you contact Bazooka, he owns this site and can give you lots of info ... oh yea ... he's a trike builder ... :D

Thanks to all for the welcome

I appreciate the welcome from all you

All I have to do now is figure out where to get the best deal on the kit and needed parts.

Plan to start in a few weeks

Should I start a new thread on the HD trike to update any progress?

Good advise

Lee H Mann,

I appreciate the advise, will probably be going with a Champion straight axle.

Always thought a trike would be to difficult to move around with out a reverse, but since it can't fall over with out it, I should be able to move it around

I will save the money from the reverse and get an EZ steer.

Thanks

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

i would recommend the rake kit, and I'd really recommend you contact Bazooka, he owns this site and can give you lots of info ... oh yea ... he's a trike builder ... :D

How do you contact an individual on this forum?

I saw a thread that stated you aren't able to PM members.

Welcome aboard Dale. You can contact Randy at CUT-N-SHOOT CUSTOMS see the ad at the bottom of the forum page. He is also a Champion dealer. Randy is a great guy and will give you GREAT advise. I had a Champion conversion and liked it alot. Randy goes by PAPA ZOOK on the forum and he is the owner of the forum. Give him a call at the very least. You will not be sorry.

Welcome aboard Dale. You can contact Randy at CUT-N-SHOOT CUSTOMS see the ad at the bottom of the forum page. He is also a Champion dealer. Randy is a great guy and will give you GREAT advise. I had a Champion conversion and liked it alot. Randy goes by PAPA ZOOK on the forum and he is the owner of the forum. Give him a call at the very least. You will not be sorry.

Thanks Ted, I'll be contacting him

Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania I see you will be in very good hands to plan your trike build, good people here they can be very helpful. :good: ride safe Fred

I'm hoping it will, it's an old bike, but I like the old EVO motor, Easy to work on and don't want to have to sell it because it's getting hard to move around.

Thanks

The Evo is a great engine

There are a bazillion parts out there for hot rodding yet

Keep it til it blows;)

Hi Dale :wave4: Welcome :D Yes, you should definitely start a build thread :clapping: We would all like to see how your build progresses. Good Luck.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png