Tail lights

My 99 Valkyrie Road Smith trike had some funky teardrop turn signals.

I took them off and tried to wire the volkswagon tail lights for turn signals.

I messed something up and now I have flashers no matter which way I turn!!!

Tail & brake are fine!

They have one of those license plate LED tail & turn signals also.

I haven't touched that yet!

Apparently, wiring is not my forte. :)

HELP PLEASE.

My 99 Valkyrie Road Smith trike had some funky teardrop turn signals.

I took them off and tried to wire the volkswagon tail lights for turn signals.

I messed something up and now I have flashers no matter which way I turn!!!

Tail & brake are fine!

They have one of those license plate LED tail & turn signals also.

I haven't touched that yet!

Apparently, wiring is not my forte. :)

HELP PLEASE.

How many wires are coming out of the body for the lights? How many wires are on the new lights you are trying to install? Let me know and then we will go to step 2

How many wires are coming out of the body for the lights? How many wires are on the new lights you are trying to install? Let me know and then we will go to step 2

The tail lights are the original 69-79 Volkswagen Beetle that came on the kit.

I am not trying to put new lights on just yet.

I am trying to get the turn signals to work on the original lights.

For some reason, they had some little teardrop lights for turn signals mounted next to the tail lights.

They looked... ugly. So I took them off and tried to wire the original tail lights for the signals to work.

Now I have flashers instead of turn signals. I think there are three wires in each light.

Brown, Green, green with white stripe.

Your geting a backfeed to the other light with out using a isolater for the signals. If you conect the signals to the brake term on a 1157 bulb , they will turn into 4 ways. That system is designed for a separate signal bulb. Too bad there’s no backup light in the taillight. Then you could use a Amber bulb for the signals.

Your geting a backfeed to the other light with out using a isolater for the signals. If you conect the signals to the brake term on a 1157 bulb , they will turn into 4 ways. That system is designed for a separate signal bulb. Too bad there’s no backup light in the taillight. Then you could use a Amber bulb for the signals.

Thanks!! Where can I get the isolator, and where do I put it?

Google ; How to isolate brake lights from turn signals.

there are a few ways to do it. I can not explain with out writing pages . There are videos to explain using relays ect. Hope this helps ya. Auto parts stores have a device that is used for trailers as it converts separate signal wiring to trailer wiring as they also use a 1157 type bulb only. (6 wires to 4 )

Google ; How to isolate brake lights from turn signals.

there are a few ways to do it. I can not explain with out writing pages . There are videos to explain using relays ect. Hope this helps ya. Auto parts stores have a device that is used for trailers as it converts separate signal wiring to trailer wiring as they also use a 1157 type bulb only. (6 wires to 4 )

Thank you very much!!! I really appreciate it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png