Truths

Again, a false equivalency. Cars are not DESIGNED to kill, guns are.

Guns have one purpose in design, to kill. No amount of posturing changes that simple fact.

Most of us Dinosaurs that post in this thread are PRO gun and have no use for those who try to change our points of view on firearms.

IF you really want to discuss gun control on Trike Talk Michael, my suggestion to you would be to start a thread in The Jungle & see where it goes from there....:clapping:

IF you really want to discuss gun control on Trike Talk Michael, my suggestion to you would be to start a thread in The Jungle & see where it goes from there....:clapping:

I didn't start this thread, Someone else did. My voice is not meant to change anyone's mind, just to state my opinion.

I am not anti-gun. I am a gun owner and over 60 also.

Every other civilized country has managed to curb gun violence, why can't we?

Again, a false equivalency. Cars are not DESIGNED to kill, guns are.

Guns have one purpose in design, to kill. No amount of posturing changes that simple fact.

I personally own 8 guns, I have never killed a human or thought about killing a human. It's like riding a motorcycle or flying an airplane, some enjoy it some don't.

I enjoy shooting, you don't. Perhaps you enjoy something that I do not, that doesn't make you evil. Owning guns doesn't make me a killer.

Every other civilized country has managed to curb gun violence, why can't we?

Great question, but severely limiting gun availability or general ownership by law abiding citizens is a non-starter.

This gun issue is the current topic on todays media circus.

It'll remain for awhile, but responsible adult gun ownership is not going away in my lifetime!

Why Grandpa carries a gun....

Repost worthy of a repost, in the discussion on guns today. Enjoy....

WHY GRANDPA CARRIES A GUN.

A world history lesson...lest we forget.

The quintessential reason why Grandpa carries a gun. Please take time to read this and pay particular attention to "A Little Gun History" about half way down.

Why Carry a Gun? My old Grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'."

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess. Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

PLEASE DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT, THAT THIS COULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY ALSO !!!

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control: From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control: From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938: From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. -----------------------

China established gun control in 1935: From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964: From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970: From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------

Cambodia established gun control in 1956: From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------

56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.

-----------------------

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens. With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'. During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD!

SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

So if guns have no place in society is there any need for our Constitution? I know this is a never ending battle but I will always feel we started going down hill when we dropped the draft. But then we also used to educate people about guns and proper use of them in school. We have passed the tipping point now of the educated and not when it comes to guns. Today we just fear them instead.:(

Taking "Pot Shots" at a young man who experienced the trauma of hiding form a deranged killer and is using his right to speak about his position is just reprehensible.

rep·re·hen·si·ble

ˌreprəˈhensəb(ə)l/

adjective

• deserving censure or condemnation.

"his complacency and reprehensible laxity"

synonyms:deplorable, disgraceful, discreditable, despicable, blameworthy, culpable, wrong, bad, shameful, dishonorable, objectionable, opprobrious, repugnant, inexcusable, unforgivable, indefensible, unjustifiable;

Taking "Pot Shots" at a young man who experienced the trauma of hiding form a deranged killer and is using his right to speak about his position is just reprehensible.

rep·re·hen·si·ble

ˌreprəˈhensəb(ə)l/

adjective

• deserving censure or condemnation.

"his complacency and reprehensible laxity"

synonyms:deplorable, disgraceful, discreditable, despicable, blameworthy, culpable, wrong, bad, shameful, dishonorable, objectionable, opprobrious, repugnant, inexcusable, unforgivable, indefensible, unjustifiable;

Maybe so......But as long the people have guns, Free speech gos both ways....:Shrug:

Agreed Bob. Everyone has a right to speak their opinion. Actually not on a private forum such as this. The owner of the forum is allowed to censor anything they find offensive.

That doesn't change the fact that opinions can be reprehensible.

So calling a person of color a "n****r", while a personal opinion, is not reprehensible?

So calling a traumatized victim of violence a Nazi is not reprehensible?

Please! let us resume some level of civility in our discourse. Name calling in any form (visual or verbal) is unconscionable.

Can't we have differing opinions without personal attacks? Or is this what America has become?

:NoJoke:

29356169_916804495155914_5906487514933047485_n.jpg

This thread titled "Truths", which are pretty much absolutes, has sorta slid into "Opinions", which everyone has one. But, here's a couple more Truths....A Parkland High School student killed more people than the entire combined NRA membership!29597739_1897963186882802_1646617288514895956_n.jpg

And, concerning David Hogg, there are some that think because this is a teenager, who was on the premises during a school shooting, they are off limits to counter-opinions and/or scrutiny. Not when they enter the public arena, demand civil liberties be taken away from innocent and law abiding people, and speak of things they know nothing nor have any experience in.

Listen to the way he speaks. The words he chooses. The people he talks about. This is not a person trying to correct a problem, this is someone out for attention. This "child" is accusing people of crimes they did not commit labeling them horrible things if they do not bow to his will.

If an event traumatized a person, they usually do not video tape interviews during the event and then run in front of cameras immediately after. Ask any combat veteran.

At the risk of getting this thread sent to The Jungle, if one traces the funding sources for Hogg, I would not be surprised to find liberal lefties behind his speeches & positions on gun control.:mad:

His youth and inexperience are shining brightly, and those whose agenda involves gun control and abolition of the second amendment are taking full advantage of him....

https://www.theblaze.com/video/dark...rs-march-for-our-lives-is-deliberately-hiding

On today’s show, Glenn chalked up a list of at least ten far-left donors known to be behind the March for Our Lives movement, including:

“Their list of donors reads like a who’s who of radical leftist organizations,” said Glenn. He later added, “The last thing that they want is for names like ‘Soros’ or ‘Farrakhan’ … to show up on their tax sheet. But we’ll never know the full extent because big progressive donors don’t want you to know who’s really in charge here.”

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png