Doh!

Ol' Man Jeb

1750+ Posts
Sep 8, 2013
Bettendorf, Ia
I recently purchased a 2008 GL1800/Roadsmith. when I turn the key on, the screen says "Welcome Andy" and I ain't Andy so to hell with Andy, I want to be the one that is welcomed.;) Anyone know how to takeover Andys space??

I recently purchased a 2008 GL1800/Roadsmith. when I turn the key on, the screen says "Welcome Andy" and I ain't Andy so to hell with Andy, I want to be the one that is welcomed.;) Anyone know how to takeover Andys space??

After much research, I get to answer my own inquiry. RTFM...:blush: Instruments & Controls/Multi Information Display. Page 24.

Yer welcome...

After much research, I get to answer my own inquiry. RTFM...:blush: Instruments & Controls/Multi Information Display. Page 24.

Yer welcome...

Well Jeb...I had no words of wisdom for you...mine just says “Hello”. Glad you found the fix. I didn’t know you could customize it. Another wrinkle on the brain! :clapping:

It's amazing what you can find in the owners manual and sometimes in the service manual. For a few more dollars I always get a service manual even though I can't do most of the stuff in it. But it helps me keep my dealer(s) honest. But day to day things can normally be found in the owners manual. I get caught many times looking to the service manual just to find my answer in the owners manual. Like you, it gets a little embarrassing. :blush:

Andy is history ;) but for the life of me, I can go no further:( I've gone thru the instructions more times than I have fingers 'n' toes. Reckon I'll have to ride unrecognizable :laugh:

Andy is history ;) but for the life of me, I can go no further:( I've gone thru the instructions more times than I have fingers 'n' toes. Reckon I'll have to ride unrecognizable :laugh:

Does your Goldwing have a factory Navigation system?

If yes, the Opening Ceremony / Message setup is done through the Nav system setup screen - you'll probably need to refer to the Nav system manual.

If it doesn't have the Navigation system check the owners manual for the Multi Information Display section on "Special Message for Opening/Ending Ceremony "

It can be a a bit of pain in a** to enter a message as you have to key through the alphabet to enter a letter or number and if you take more than 5 seconds between entries the screen defaults back to original.

Does your Goldwing have a factory Navigation system?

If yes, the Opening Ceremony / Message setup is done through the Nav system setup screen - you'll probably need to refer to the Nav system manual.

If it doesn't have the Navigation system check the owners manual for the Multi Information Display section on "Special Message for Opening/Ending Ceremony "

It can be a a bit of pain in a** to enter a message as you have to key through the alphabet to enter a letter or number and if you take more than 5 seconds between entries the screen defaults back to original.

Sorry to say, I don't have the Nav system. I have been through the Multi Information Display section so many times I'm sick of it. At least, now it no longer welcomes Andy.:laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png