Stallion with no power to start

Aug 13, 2010
Milton, Fl, USA
I am not sure if I read a thread about Stallions not wanting to start because of no battery power. I think that I read that they had to "rock" the stallion to make a connection. Can anyone help me with that thread or give me some info on the problem.
Thanks,
Dean

one other thing is most cars and the Stallion are set up that if they take a hard jar the breaker that allows the fuel pump to work will pop.
I don't remember if the motor would turn over or not but it will not start.
that breaker is under the seat to the right side of the fuse panel, it has a red top, push down and reset the breaker and it will start.
this happened to my Stallion one time

some of the Stallions will not start-like no battery power if the tilt is all the way up. Try to lower the steering wheel and try again. It is the position they installed the key switch into the steering wheel.

Tomg

Thanks, I will check that out as well, however I have not adjusted the tilt in the past. Bike is still with the airbrush guy, so I have to wait on seeing what the problem is. I do however thank you for your comments.
Dean

As it turns out the air-brush painter left the key on and it drained the battery. I have now installed a digital battery charger/tender and it comes out by the seat. This way I will not have to take the wheel off to charge the battery in the future.

As it turns out the air-brush painter left the key on and it drained the battery. I have now installed a digital battery charger/tender and it comes out by the seat. This way I will not have to take the wheel off to charge the battery in the future.

Good move, I did the same on my wifes Stallion and on my Wing. I also made up a set of cables to jump off other bikes, by connecting into the battery tender plug.

That is a large battery to jump off a tender plug. With the draw on the starter motor their is a good chance you will fry the insulation off the tender wire when you turn the key. A lot of us installed a remote battery terminal in the trunk on the side of the battery. This way you can charge the battery with a charger or just connect a tender with clips. You can also jump off a car or another bike with regular jumper cables in an emergency. I have a nice air compressor that hooks to the terminals with clips to put air in the tires.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/stallion-trikes/641-battery-access-modification.html

Here is one of the original threads.

That is a large battery to jump off a tender plug. With the draw on the starter motor their is a good chance you will fry the insulation off the tender wire when you turn the key. A lot of us installed a remote battery terminal in the trunk on the side of the battery. This way you can charge the battery with a charger or just connect a tender with clips. You can also jump off a car or another bike with regular jumper cables in an emergency. I have a nice air compressor that hooks to the terminals with clips to put air in the tires.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/stallion-trikes/641-battery-access-modification.html

Here is one of the original threads.

how do you go about installing remote battery terminal in the trunk
Thanks

I have set up my wife's Stallion to use Gerbing's Heated clothing, with the harnesses coming from the battery out under the seat for use. Either one of those harnesses can be used with a battery tender / trickle charger to put juice into the battery.

Thank you Tomg!!! Bought my Stallion on Saturday, got it home and it wouldn't start. Went home that night and read thru this thread and Tomg said check the steering wheel, just because it was tilted up it didn't start. Lowered the steering wheel & there was a joyful noise!!! Lol 👍👏
So thank you all for putting things on this site to help us all out.

Sheila
2013 / Candy Apple Red

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png