New build with a difference, the Strike.

Any info about what this came from?

They are used on 3 wheel pickups in Asia. High standard, clearly robot welded etc.

I'm kind of routing for the Strike version ... but then ... I've always routed for the AB Normal.

First step is to get the entire engine/driveline into one modular unit. Once that is done, I can put anything up front and decide then. Translating from a computer to real life often doesn't work out, so we'll see next week how and where things fit and line up.

it's what I am working on now....

basics 3d.jpg

Playing around with configurations and trying to decide on what it MIGHT look like.

Please note I use 3D CAD purely for designing chassis, measuring hardpoints and layouts, my artistic ability is very poor so please consume a lot of alcohol and squint a lot ....

stine 1.jpg

stine 2.jpg

stine 3.jpg

stine 4.jpg

and of course all the pretty 3Ds mean nothing, you need real parts to build something, and here today is the laser cut and folded rear crossmember mounts ...

laser and fold.jpg

As threatened...

Today did the U shape tubes, just quickly tacked it together, tomorrow will assemble the drivetrain to the frame loosely, get it perfect, and make the sizing required modifications, then all the bracing and brackets .

EF2.jpg

EF1.jpg

Attachments

• EF1.jpg
    EF1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 250
I am juggling design ideas at the moment in order to understand how to move forward with the front half of the frame.

This is my favored layout, again excuse the not so fabulous pictures, a computer 3D artist I am not, but you should get the basic idea ..

flat frame 0.jpg

flat frame 1.jpg

flat frame 2.jpg

A rainy Sunday so i stayed in and played with designs as I haven't yet commited to the forward frame.

William Shatner's Rivit gave me some ideas to play with, albeit on a much smaller and more modest design scale.

This is actually very easy for me to build due to my experience with aircraft construction.

Maybe I should run a poll to see if the sidecar cross above, or this tandem is what I should build?

stine 1.jpg

stine 5.jpg

stine 2.jpg

stine 3.jpg

stine 4.jpg

stine 6.jpg

With the side car version, is there room for maybe some storage behind the driver?

Neither design allows for too much storage, although there will be a big space over the engine. I was thinking maybe a remnant lockable space behind the driver. Just a thought.

A rainy Sunday so i stayed in and played with designs as I haven't yet commited to the forward frame.

William Shatner's Rivit gave me some ideas to play with, albeit on a much smaller and more modest design scale.

This is actually very easy for me to build due to my experience with aircraft construction.

Maybe I should run a poll to see if the sidecar cross above, or this tandem is what I should build?

View attachment 61869

View attachment 61870

View attachment 61871

View attachment 61872

View attachment 61873

View attachment 61874

why run a poll??? its not our trike its YOUR trike

Far as I can tell there's no advantage to a lopsided trike other than the look at me factor. So I'd go conventional trike.

So what you're saying is you're the rider, not the passenger.

I was considering my Wife's comfort, layback seating position, legs stretched out, can sleep in comfort, won't fall off after 2 bottles of wine ... :laugh:

why run a poll??? its not our trike its YOUR trike

It's my first Trike (have built 2 reverse trikes before, and a total of 5 self designed and built vehicles in the last 10 years, besides a long history of car building prior to that), I thought it might solicit opinions and reasons why and why not people would go in a specific direction. You may not have noticed, but there's nothing like it out there to gage from, and I don't want to build a lemon

So what you're saying is you're the rider, not the passenger.

I was considering my Wife's comfort, layback seating position, legs stretched out, can sleep in comfort, won't fall off after 2 bottles of wine ... :laugh:

It's my first Trike (have built 2 reverse trikes before, and a total of 5 self designed and built vehicles in the last 10 years, besides a long history of car building prior to that), I thought it might solicit opinions and reasons why and why not people would go in a specific direction. You may not have noticed, but there's nothing like it out there to gage from, and I don't want to build a lemon

understood

i did not think about that aspect

which is why i asked

Mark, the conventional trike looks great, but the downfall would be getting in and out for rider and passenger. Maybe cut the sides lower for easier access. The offset design makes unpredictable and uneven handling like sidecar riders experience. Just my 2 cents.

Looks like a great build though !!!:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png