Rear fender LED side marker lights

Like your idea and thought about putting these on my GW.

Just a thought, aren't side lights supposed to be amber?

Like your idea and thought about putting these on my GW.

Just a thought, aren't side lights supposed to be amber?

I worked for 40 years on class 8 trucks, and did federal inspections on them... The front markers are amber. The rear are red... that way they know if your coming or going...

Marker lights

Where these are mounted is exactly where the "RED " reflectors used to be just above the rear tires - My engine is highlighted in Amber with strips running vertical on the front frame below the steering neck - Because the front forks have AMBER reflectors.

Our laws here basically state that if you use RED or BLUE it must not be visible in a cars rear view mirror or flash while motorcycle is in motion - Wouldn't want Granny to mistake you for an emergency vehicle ... L O L

Are fronts allowed to be white/clear too?

Never ran into that before... I would have said no their not. So I got out my book....Under section 393.11 they are amber on the front, red on the rear. the only clear are license plate, backup lamps and front parking lights.... No place in the book has side markers listed as anything except amber on the front and red on the rear.... I saw some trucks running the wrong color makers on the roof.... They got with it until DOT caught them at the scales.... Guess you can run anything until a cop is looking for a reason to stop you.

Yup.Side markers are amber.Fiddling with an intermittent this morning.Two miles b4 a chicken coop.Dont need to get pullled in for a level II inspection.Especially with my logbook not caught up.Red sidemarkers on a little trike I dont think anybody would care.But theres always that one anal cop.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png